Which selection at #2 would cause your meltdown?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Mar 30, 2015.

?
  1. Jamesis Winston QB FSU

9.8%
  2. Marcus Mariota QB Oregon

18.0%
  3. Leonard Williams DE USC

1.6%
  4. Kevin White WR WVU

4.9%
  5. Amari Cooper WR Bama

6.6%
  6. Dante Folwer OLB Florida

3.3%
  7. Vic Beasley OLB Clemson

6.6%
  8. OT (any offensive lineman)

45.9%
  9. *OT (specific OT, as in you would be okay with some, but one you really dislike)

3.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

no, lol

Im not agreeing to having some stupid WWE avatar for 5 months, youre buggin

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Really I am hurt.....it took me what, 20 seconds to distill through my choices and pick this avatar for you. Cmon man......

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

OK guys. Mr " don't worry, were taking mariota" don't really believe it

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I think he just prefers boxing pics.....

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

The bet was until Wisconsin is knocked out the Tournament...

If they win it all, he better start to love the badger

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

upload_2015-4-2_23-24-57.jpeg

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

They'd be dumber than dirt to choose Mariota especially after Mett showed promise last year.

If we pick Mariota i'm gonna lose my damn mind.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

The days of being handcuffed to a 1st round QB for 4 or 5 years are over. With VY we were handcuffed not only by his massive contract but also by an owner who was in love with the guy. With Locker, that was our own dumb fault. I'm confident most competent clubs would've moved on from him at least by 2014. And just as an aside, he's a perfect example of why I'm not a fan of sitting 1st round QBs their rookie year. That just delays knowing what you really have by yet another year. You end up making excuses for the guy's second year because "it's really like his rookie year". People always wanna bring up Aaron Rodgers but 99.9% of teams who draft a QB in the 1st round don't have a Brett Favre on the roster.

Back to the point though, I don't think you can spend too much time worrying about "what if" X player busts. Especially with the QB position those "sure thing" prospects like Manning and Luck only come around once in a blue moon. You can't just sit around waiting on one of those guys forever. Most guys are going to have questions marks. That's just the nature of the beast. All GMs can really do is weigh the pros and cons and go with their gut.

And on the flip side to your flip side.... what if we pass on Mariota, he turns out to be great, Mett fails, and we're back to our mediocre ways and aren't even in a position to draft another top QB prospect for the next few years? That sounds much, much worse than a busted #2 pick to me.

Mariota is a risk. I'm not denying that. But it's a risk worth taking IMO. We don't know when we are going to be in a position to draft a top QB prospect again and I sure as hell don't want to give away our next 3 1st rounders just to move up a handful of spots like the Redskins did. I think a lot of people are forgetting just how bad you can be and still not even land a top 5 pick in the draft.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

He was average at best. 8 TDs, 9 turnovers, 83 rating, 0 wins.

Granted, he didn't have a lot to work with. But coming off a 2-14 season, with Webster's job absolutely on the line and Whisenhunt's potentially on the line, the question is not "Did he show promise?", it's "Did he show enough to stake your job on?".

And that's what makes me believe we could draft Mariota. Sure Mettenberger showed a few flashes. But he didn't show enough to inspire a ton of confidence. If I'm in their shoes, I sure as hell am not handcuffing my livelihood to a 6th round pick who's 0-6 as a starter.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

OT is the obvious answer, but really anyone that isn't Leonard Williams/QB at #2 will have me a tad puzzled. Why take a WR at 2 (Cooper or White) or an OLB (Fowler or Beasley), when you can trade down and get a nice prospect from those pos groups still. And I love these 4 (Cooper/White/Fowler/Beasley) as prospects; if we want 1 of them, I'd love to try and trade down to 5-6 and still get 1.

Cooper, Fowler, White, Beasley in a trade down would still be ideal.

#90 ImATitan, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar