Which Team Had the BEST Draft?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Well the draft is completely finished, grades are coming out, and the media is being the media. I've been looking over drafts by team and trying to decide which had the BEST draft.

I believe the Steelers had the best draft. They landed Jarvis Jones @ #17, who was once projected #1 and fell due to injury. If he's healthy, he has D-ROY potential and his play just screams Steelers. Le'Veon Bell can step in and be the feature back the Steelers always have, look to draft him in fantasy drafts. Markus Wheaton was one of the best slot receivers available and has the speed for Big Bens arm. Shamarko Thomas will likely be a backup, but could potential start next year; especially with Clarks play going down. Landry is a perfect fit to mold behind Big Ben; similar styles in their play. Terry Hawthorne was my sleeper pick, Steelers got him with a 5th.

Honorable mentions: Vikings & Rams

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I was sayin Steelers too :(

[​IMG]

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Personally I absolutely loved Arizona's draft probably because they took damn near every guy I would have had us take. They struck a great balance of "safe" picks with guys like Jonathan Cooper and Kevin Minter and then swung for the fences with some "upside" guys like honey badger, Swope, and Okafor. It just seemed to me like whenever I wanted a player for us, Zona would sweep in and take him.

Also really like what Cincinatti did. I'm not a huge Eiffert guy but he's a solid player and was a need for them. Huge pick ups with Gio Bernard and Margus Hunt.

Detroit also got an incredible amount of good players who will likely start this year for them. Larry Warford in the 3rd is without a doubt one of the best value picks in the entire draft.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I liked the Steelers draft, but I'm not a huge Bell fan. For a guy his size he doesn't run with the power I would like. Sure his hurdles are impressive, but he hurdles those guys because his pad level is so high that he can't truck them. I really thought that Eddie Lacy was going to be their pick.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The Steelers reached for Bell and should have taken Jesse Williams after he fell so far back. Williams was perhaps the 4th best 3-4 DE.

I do think getting Jarvis Jones where they did was far better than some of the teams picking in the top 10 and takng big risks. Mingo was not even half the player Jones was and goes off 5th that is insane.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The titans and Arizona approach made a lot more sense than what the Rams did.

8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Titans and The Packers.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Absolutely. At first I got a bit caught up in the hype and thought they did great but after really looking at the picks there are too many question marks. Austin is incredibly explosive but I've seen a lot of guys his size get damn near killed in this league (Dexter McCluster), Alec Ogletree is talented but I wounldn't have touched him with a ten foot pole, and the rest of the picks are just meh guys. Stacy is all steak no sizzle and joins an already crowded backfield, Barett Jones has injury and strength issues, Stedman Bailey was Robin to Austin's batman and is a midget himself, and I don't even know what TJ McDonald and Brandon Mcgee are. Lackluster draft to say the least.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Niners... Because they were taking everyone I wanted us to take.

Tank, Lemonier, Lattimore, Patton. May have been more too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar