Which teams are you supporting in 2010?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tackhead #9, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You're nuts.. Bengals are 7-3 against The Ravens in the last 10 games. Carson Palmer is 8-3 lifetime against Baltimore (and never been swept).
    If anyone's loaded, it's Cincy. Their #4 overall NFL defense of 09 will be yet even further improved. Where they had a major hole on offense last season they are now jam packed with talent at WR. Their 2nd 09 hole @ TE is now filled with talent with Gresham and Kelly. Palmer is finally healthy, CedBen is back.
    The Ravens on the other hand added Boldin. Big woop. Their defense is getting crustier by the year.. They've always feared The Bengals and it will be worse this season..

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, I guess I just assumed since the Bengals usually suck that the Ravens would be doing better against them. That's weird, IMO, that the Bengals have that much success against the Ravens in the past 5 seasons.

The Bengals have reached the playoffs only 3 times in the past 9 seasons. The Ravens have made the playoffs 6 times in the past 9 seasons. It's just not right to think that the Bengals would have so much success against the superior Ravens in the recent years.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Actually Cincy has made the playoffs only twice in the last 20 years, which is exactly why this team so easily overlooked by the pundits now. Last year they had a very good team with vastly better Defense than they have known in decades (praise be to the almighty Zimmer). An untimely rash of injuries right at the end of the season killed their playoff run. Then this offseason Mike Brown did something he doesn't normally do, he signed and resigned a buttload of players. From a dismal WR/TE corps featuring only Ocho and Caldwell and a bunch of underachievers they signed/drafted Antonio Bryant, Matt Jones, Reggie Kelly, Jordan Shipley, Jermain Gresham - all guys who were'n't there last season. Most importantly they brought back all their top D players from last season as well as bringing in Pac and Gibril Wilson amongst others for depth.
    I also belong to a Bengals board and that place is usually way further down in the dumps than this board - this season though - for the first time in a long time everyone over there is friggin ecstatic..

Bengals WR corps as of today - should be quite the camp battle (I suspect they cut Quan - maybe Titans can pick him up for return duties)
    Chad Ochocinco
    Quan Cosby
    Dez Briscoe
    Freddie Brown
    Antonio Bryant
    Jordan Shipley
    Chris Davis
    Maurice Purify
    Andre Caldwell
    Matt Jones
    Jerome Simpson

4. RavensShallBurn

Dude... that can't be right. I was wrong about 3 times in 9 seasons though.

They made the playoffs last year, in '05 when the Steelers knocked out Palmer, and in '90. So that's 3 times in 20 years.

Looks like they have some solid depth at receiver, but only a few are any good. I forgot they had Antonio Bryant. Titans should have gone after him.

They have Chris Davis??? LOL sucks for them. There's no way he makes the team though.

5. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Cincy swept the division last year which is unheard of. And they added more talent so they should be tough but they seem to have trouble putting together back to back years.

And Boldin wasn't the only add for the Ravens, they got Stallworth (you may not think that's a big thing but he's better than any receiver on the roster other than Mason) and Sergio Kindle and Mount cody in the draft plus a couple decent TE's.

But to the original title, I hope the Titans do well since I live close by and please please beat Indy. I would like to see the Raiders improve and although we play them, I am a closet Jets fan.

6. RavensShallBurn

I basically agree with everything you said about the additions you guys made. I wrote that up in another thread... Boldin, Kindle, Cody... solid additions. All will have an immediate impact on the team.

I cannot believe you actually hope the Titans do well!?!?!?! :wink2: The Titans and Ravens are heated rivals. No love whatsoever. I hope the Ravens crash and burn, but that won't happen. The Titans do not hate a team more than the Ravens. I'm sure the Ravens hate the Steelers more than the Titans, but either way it's all hate, no love. :yes:

7. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

Titans rivals- steelers/ ravens. And our division. Bills if you want to go way back.

8. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

If they play each other it's one thing, but otherwise I have no reason to hate the Titans. Steelers, Pats, Indy. And when I was at the playoff game last year, I couldn't believe how gracious the fans were. I've been in stadiums where I felt like I was lucky to get out without a fight. Beat Indy!

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Ravens became my most hated team, but I was amazed how cool their fans were compared to some other visitors. Even after a playoff game.

Jets fans suck.

And :ravens: Pluck the whole AFC North.

10. RavensShallBurn

Yea I had absolutely no problem with Ravens fans in the playoff game. The only problem was that a bunch of noob Titans fans sold their tickets to 'em. There were too many of you guys out there.

I went to the Titans/Ravens playoff game in Baltimore in 2004. I was only 14 at the time, and I was with family who are all Ravens fans, so I didn't get harrassed all that much. I got heavily harrassed in Pissburgh in the season opener this past year. I was unpleased with the way their fans acted. I managed to find a few cool ones, but other than that... buncha d*cks. They made fun of McNair, mocking his death. They constantly threw F bombs at me. One guy poured beer on my pants. On the way in and on the way out was absolutely horrendous. I saw maybe four Titans fans there. If it weren't for these two very kind Steeler fans though... I would have never made it to the stadium. They gave my dad and I a ride from our hotel. We would have been screwed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar