Which Titans would start on other NFL teams?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The vast majority of players in this league are interchangeable. I agree that the Titans starters would find jobs on most mid-tier and lower rosters.

The question, IMO, is how many start for teams which legitimate shots at a deep playoff run. I think a handful, at best.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Lets see if I can list 27 names of guys on this roster who could get jobs elsewhere

Mariota
    Murray
    Henry
    Wright
    DGB
    Matthews
    Walker
    Lewan
    Conklin
    Jones

Cox
    McCourty
    Searcy
    Stafford
    R. Johnson
    Byard
    Orakpo
    Morgan
    Woodyard
    Williamson
    Bass
    A. Johnson
    Woods
    Casey
    Jones
    Klug

Succop
    Kern

well turns out you were right, about 28 names of 89 :beerbang: could get another job somewhere

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Lol that's what I mean. Still sad though. Each year we'll see great improvement though under JR. Now he just has to get permission to change the HC and we're in business.

4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Agree with you Jeff. That said, those teams that have legitimate shots likely have a front office that knows what it's doing. The Titans have had that for six months. Each year from now, the list of our players that would start on other teams will likely grow changing this conversation.

We've been yelling to fire RW for years, they finally did it and found who looks to be a competent GM. It'll take some time, but it'll come. NFL rosters can be turned over fairly quickly. By the end of next years off season, this roster will look dramatically different than the one JR inherited.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

i do want to point out, the question wasn't would they make an NFL roster... the question was how many would start?

I guess about 11-14, but half of those would be low end starters on bad teams, or interchangeable RBBC rbs.

This is more like Dooley's last year with the Vols than Butch's first year. Mariota is the only real glimmer of hope but what is he going to do with half an offense and a bottom third defense?

The culture change aint over yet. And the idea of "Erotic Smash Mouth" sounds a lot like code for "Fisherball" to me.

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Sad part is, any one of us would take 8-8 Fisher bowl right about now lol

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Casey, Delanie, Rak, Searcy, JMAC, MM, DeMarco.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

[​IMG]

Last night made me think about how far away the Titans are from being a "real" team.

[​IMG]

I mostly just wanted to use this gif somewhere though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

You could have bumped something better

10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I am ok with it.
    [​IMG]
    Let's look again gentlemen...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar