Whisenhunt, Webster like Fitzpatrick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

INDIANAPOLIS Most of the talk surrounding the Titans quarterback situation has centered on Jake Locker.

But what about veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick, who is scheduled to make $2.75 million in base salary in 2014, along with a $500,000 roster bonus?

“Fitz is a good quarterback. He is a veteran guy that has played, and he made some plays for this team last year,” coach Ken Whisenhunt said. “I have a lot of respect for what he has done in this league.”

Fitzpatrick started nine games last season, posting a 3-6 record. On the season he passed for 2,454 yards with 14 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

“I like Fitz,” general manager Ruston Webster said. “He did a good job for us in a tough situation.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

[​IMG]
  3. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

BRONIES!
  4. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

[​IMG]

INDIANAPOLIS Most of the talk surrounding the Titans quarterback situation has centered on Jake Locker.

But what about veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick, who is scheduled to make $2.75 million in base salary in 2014, along with a $500,000 roster bonus?

“Fitz is a good quarterback. He is a veteran guy that has played, and he made some plays for this team last year,” coach Ken Whisenhunt said. “I have a lot of respect for what he has done in this league.”

Fitzpatrick started nine games last season, posting a 3-6 record. On the season he passed for 2,454 yards with 14 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

“I like Fitz,” general manager Ruston Webster said. “He did a good job for us in a tough situation.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  5. Alzarius

Alzarius Starter

Is anyone really surprised??
  6. charlzcrush

charlzcrush Starter

a little bit... yes
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

As I've said several times before, you could do a heck of a lot worse for a backup QB. The guy definitely makes his fair share of boneheaded decisions, but most backup QBs do. Lots of irrational Fitz hate around here this past season IMO.
    • High Five High Five x 4
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

WE'RE DOOMED!
  9. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

A team shouldn't have to depend on their backup QB as much as the Tennessee Titan organization, would have liked if Fitz took a pay cut, however with the amount that he has played I am not surprised. Good move for the organization to keep him, very durable, and has shown ability last year to potentially fight for starting spot. Great minds think alike.
  10. charlzcrush

charlzcrush Starter

I hated the signing from the start and he did much last year that made me think "alright, he's not too bad."