White Glad to See Brown Return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Yesterday at Titans practice, Chris Brown returned for his first full session since Oct. 12 as LenDale White rested with a sore big toe. "I think Chris is ready to come back, but Coach Fisher has to decide what we're going to do," White said. "Chris looked real good. He had some time off and he told me he feels good, so we'll be happy to see him back." Brown rushed for a career-best 175 yards as the Titans beat the Jaguars 13-10 on Sept. 9. Chris Henry has appealed a four-game suspension for a violation of the league's steroid and related banned substances policy. He could continue to play during the appeals process, which means Brown could get one more week of rest if needed.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

So here is the question of the week. Can Chris Brown come in on Sunday and pick up where he left off against the Jags D in week one?

What things are different or the same about this week versus the last matchup? Stroud will be out (right?), but with the way our OL and Brown tore them a new one last time, is a Stroud-less Jags line a benefit or a pitfall? :grrhee:

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

It would indeed be interesting to find out..

I don't see how the Jags are going to let us rush it for another 280+ yards against them, and knowing Fish he'll probably take it as a challange and try to do just that instead of taking advantage of it and surprising them with something else.

I guess the thing we have going for us is that Brown has been out for so long and will be hungry to prove that it wasen't a fluke. The Jags d-line on the otherhand are probably pissed and will try to do what we did against the Ravens during our last playoff encounter. "Lets make a fool outta dem tinheads and limit them to 38 total yards on the grrrround.. grrrr".. OK that sounded more like a pirate than a Jaxonvillian. (sp) (def)

[​IMG]

Heeeeeeeere kitty kitty kitty...

Key to this game is to limit mistakes and turnovers and dominate the clock. VY needs to run it himself for 2 or 3 first downs for a change of pace.
    Lets see if we can do it again. :jagsbite:

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I hate being skeptical but I don't see how Brown can be close to being as effective as he was in the first game even if he is 100%. And knowing Brown's injury past, I am not confident he'll do much the first week back.

I'm thinking Henry may be the better option this Sunday.

5. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Passing game first then surprised them with run full force all day long!!

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No way the Jags wil let us run all over them like we did last time. In the first game they over played VY so he wouldn't beat them. This time they will over play the run. It will be up to VY to make them pay.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

You'd think they might've figured that out a couple hundred rushing yards into the last game, but they are Jags after all. :))

8. dman050586

dman050586 Starter

Well said the first game they were scared of vince.. now i dont think anyone is scared of him.. :))

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

And nobody cares about Black. But that won't stop him.

10. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

If VY doen't make them play then it's going to be a long day. They were so obssessed with not becoming his personal highlight reel, that they let our run game destroy them. It's going to be a lot ddifferent this time around. Expect to see they D they played on us last year. So I think this game will set the tone for VY for the rest of the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar