White Possibly to Make Debut Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With RB Travis Henry listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Chargers, rookie RB LenDale White has the chance to make his NFL debut. "I feel 100 percent confident in myself as far as the offense goes, the blitz protection and just knowing my assignments," White said. Titans Coach Jeff Fisher is looking forward to seeing what White can do. "He’ll pass protect, he understands the offense," Fisher said. "He’s got good hands and he’ll get out in the routes, and he’s proven he can run. He hasn’t proven yet he can run at this level, but he’s got run skills, and that’s why he’s here."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. well i hope that he shows something, cause i didnt see too much during the preseason

3. fltitan

fltitan Guest

You're right he didn't show a lot in the preseason but he got in a little late and then got banged up. The day of the draft almost everyone here was talking about him being the steal of the draft. I still believe he was and I'm ready for him to get some carries. This guy is going to be an excellent if not great runnung back, sure he will have his ups and downs like most rookies do but lets not forget he's playing behind a weak OL and give the guy a chance. He will be a great compliment to VY next year it will be tough on defenes to stop both.

4. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

We couldn't of picked a more perfect running back for lining up behind a bad O-line. He averaged 6.6 YPC last year and most of it was gained on plays where he only needed to get one yard.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

If his pass protection play is as good as Fisher says it is we could see him used in a 'max protection' formation. the line is definately going to need help protecting the QB against the Bolts.

6. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

I'm starting to believe that we will resign Chris Brown after the season...i mean of course thats if he performs well but from the way things look now...id say we are going to prob

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think L-Dub is going to get stuffed on Sunday. A lot. Welcome to the NFL, rookie.

Aside from the slow start at camp, I think he might need to get a little bigger. I'll be happy if he can perform at 235-240. Played the Rose Bowl at 250, he was down to 227 in camp. Anyone know where he's at now? I just think a heavier L-Dub doles out more punishment, and a lighter one is going to get stuffed like a turkey. At least in San Diego.

8. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Yah, he said he was at 256lb during the Rose Bowl.:shocked:

And we all know how that went. He tore up the top Texas defense.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

256? That's ridiculously huge. He needs to get back to that. That's what we need, opposing defensive players saying, "Man, I've got to tackle THAT? This job sucks today."

I love that clip of Bettis that they wore out on NFLN this offseason, where he's breaking Urlacher's back on the way to the endzone. Come on, L-Dub.

10. well i would also like him to get more weight, but i would rather him pack it on in muscle instead of just eating to that weight, think if he was built something like eddie and weighed that much, that would be scary cause eddie was a monster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar