White Ready to Compete for Carries

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Rookie RB LenDale White know it will be training camp before he can show what he can do on the field. White is still recovering from the torn hamstring that cost him being able to run a 40 time at his pro day and ultimately contributed to his falling out of the first round of the NFL Draft. But White is hopeful he'll be able to compete for carries against RBs Chris Brown and Travis Henry right away. "It’s going to be a lot of competition, and these guys are both good football players. I know they want to play, and I know I want to play," said White. "Chris has been here for a while and he’s not going to give his job up, and Travis is a great football player. It’s going to be great fun to see what happens. There’s going to be a lot of competition, and I think if we do compete in the way we should compete, it’s going to make the team better.”

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Just hope he wont jump of a building if the carries dont satisfy him. :brow:

3. fltitan

fltitan Guest

White wont get upset about his carries he shared carries with Bush in college and he seems to have enormous respect for Coach Chow. IMO his relationship with Coach Chow will prevent a lot of problems these players sometimes have whem they get to the NFL. This guy could have a huge impact on our offense this year by making short yardage and scoring in the red zone and this will make the play action pass a much better weapon than the past couple of years when defenses didnt have to worry about the run in short yardage. He also showed the ability in college to break some big runs, he will have to be accounted for by the the defense, hes just what the offense needs.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

why would he ? he didn't get the bulk of carries at USC

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

no, i missed that
    that was some funny ****

it was clearly intended from the get to be a joke

7. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Im so glad we got lendale. But I hope that his relationship with Chow, and Chow being bias towards someone who played before, doesnt hurt the TEAM in the long run when it comes to play calling and who gets the majority of the caries.

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

and how would it? if he gets preferential treatment, I'm all for it! what has Brown done for us but waste good drives cuz he can't convert "expletive" 3rd and 1s?? And what has Henry done but get a 4-game suspension and amount to nothing on the field? our RBs are horrible, so I'm all for us giving Lendale all the carries he wants

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yea, we should just give White the ball every play. Brown stinks, Henry is worse but White is a HOF back even before he steps on the field. I'd put him the starting lineup right now. I bet if we cut Brown and Henry no other NFL team would even bother signing them they are so horrible. But White, a guy who should have gone #1 in the draft (if only teams really knew how great he really was) because he is such a stud will make every other back look like doo doo. And don't forget, White will never get hurt. That hammy was a freak thing but in the NFL White will play 10 seasons and never miss a single play. Man this kid is good. I can't wait for his hammy to heal so he can actually run in practice.

10. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

gotta love the sarcasim :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar