White Ready to Compete for Carries

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledge

Sledge Guest

get serious dude, read my message, not saying let's get rid of the other two, all i'm saying is do you really think chris brown and travis henry can get us over the top? brown is nothing special at RB. just look at last year, he was just horrible, and don't tell me otherwise. henry did nothing.

what i said was if eventually it become obvious that there seems to be a preference for white and he does well, i'm all for it. i'm not saying cut brown and henry now and white will be an all-pro...

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Brown is just not an every down back. With the addition of a guy like White he does not have to take the work horse downs to get the tough yards.

Henry lost my respect in Buffalo when he let McGahee step in and just take his spot w/ his mouth.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all we don't really know if White is going to be any better. I do think White will be a better 3rd and 1 back but I'm not sure he will be any better at getting us to 3rd and 1. Somebody has to average 4.5 yards on the other two playes. Also, you are basing your slam of Brown based on last year. What about the year before when he averaged 4.9 YPC.

Even a great back like Tomlinson would have been no better in YPC last year on the Titans (terrible blocking and no vertical passing game) and I can prove it. In 2004 Tomlinson only averaged 3.9 YPC. Actually his lifetime YPC is the same as Brown. I'm not saying Brown is one of the top NFL backs right now but he isn't chop liver. White has yet to even participate at full speed in an NFL practice.

BlazingArrow#9, Henry got scewed. He had two years with over 300 carries and over a 4.0 average and McGahee has not been any better.

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I am bashing Brown based on last year because he regressed. We'll see how he does this year, but as with McGahee, he was a stud in 2004 and regressed immensely last year. In both cases, it could be attributed to the fact that both offenses never got any flow going and the teams were falling behind early and running the ball is not the way to get back in a game. Because of that my Brown assessment might be a little harsh. And granted, if the offense sputters, which I think it will if Volek's in, I seriously don't think White, Brown or Henry will do anything this year.

The original statement was about Chow possibly giving White the preferrential treatment, and I just said I was not against it.

I'd be the first to boast #29 if he runs like he did in 2003-2004 this year, and it could very well happen, and I truly hope it does, cuz I know Brown is a better RB than he showed last year

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I am aware of what happened to him but he never spoke up and let McGahee take his job.

If you were at work and some clown comes in telling everyone that you are crap and should be there backup you put the person in there place and let it be known who is the current and future starter until the loud mouth can prove a reason why not. Henry just stepped aside an did not put up a fight. It just showed a lack of drive to me anyways.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well maybe we should have just kept SB winner Antwain Smith on our team.

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

wtf? what's your point? we should never try to get better? :suspect:

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he runs harder than brown.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I thought my point was simple to see. A rb isn't guranteed to get us over the top.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i saw your point, i was just throwing my observation out there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar