White Ready to Compete for Carries

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well I wasn't responding to what you said Big, we posted about the same time. But Smith is more of a power runner....but I'd still rather have Brown.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CB has always stunk in short yardage situations.

His higher than your average Titans ypc is based on the occasional huge run that he is quite capable of. Other than the sporadic big play ability CB is nothing special, when he plays that is.

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

i did get your point, i just don't want to hear the name antowain smith ever again LOL

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Me neither on Smith.

I have huge doubts about Brown's ability to be a starting full time RB in the NFL. He can break a long one when there's a hole, which is exciting, but you can't count on the guy to get 2 yards when you really, really need it. I want a RB who can still get us a few yards even when he gets hit at the line of scrimmage, and Brown isn't that guy. I worry about Henry because of the drug strikes, but when I see him hit the pile, he works to create a hole when it isn't there for him. He gets the tough yards that I never see brown get. I think/hope that White will be that kind of guy for us, reliable, hard hitting, hard running. He certainly shouldn't be handed the job, but the other two need to pick up their production if they want to keep up their number of carries. Seeing White a few times last season, he looked good. He could hit it hard, but also had the speed to break away and get some long runs in. Of course we have no idea if he can do that on the NFL level, and I'm incredibly excited that we have several strong RB options now, but I hope he comes in and shows that he can be the starter, and is better than Henry or Brown have shown us the last two years.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I really see a Thunder and Lightning RB scheme this season.

Big guy in White fast guy in Brown. Brown will not have to worry about the 3rd and 2s because that will not be his play. We have the TEs to play it and we have possession and speed to spread the secondary. Less touches I think will really improve Browns game.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Brown is never going to be a great short yardage back but he can make up for some of that by becoming a better 3rd and long back. I really believe getting Brown the ball in passing situations is one of his strengths either on a draw or a pass. Let a guy like White have the grind it out type of yards.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

There was that one 3rd and short last year against the Colts where Browjn lowered his shoulder and bowled over Cato June to get the 1st. I very much liked that :toast:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar