White Seeing Success Despite Odds

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:grrhee:

2. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Easy there, tiger. All your dreams can't come true at once now.

I'm toting LenDale in fantasy, and have been a follower of his since he was drafted (kinda because I love the idea of Vince/Len being Mac/Eddie part 2, and his Rose Bowl performance was a thing of beauty, too), so I'm quite pleased with his success. Don't sing his praises too loud, though, he has to prove that this isn't just a fluke (like MJD's terrible first three weeks), and that he's actually going to stay this way.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

You need some panties too?

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Ok umm....CB is injured as usual but has a 5.1 ypc avg.
    Chris Henry was just activated two weeks ago and idk if you noticed but he's playing lights out in his role and he's a rookie. 7.0 ypc avg.

LW is only starting becuase CB isn't a every down back and well I don't really think we like him after last year.

Chris Henry is a rookie and playing very well but I doubt he's got all the playbook down and all the ins and outs of the game thats why he isn't starting.

LW is starting becuase it's his second year and he was a second round pick he wasn't brought here to warm the bench. Plus Fisher and Chow both are from USC hmm.......

5. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I'm just sayin, he's been a higher caliber player than those guys his whole life: blue chip high school player; all-time td leader at USC; drafted higher than either of them; and now starting over both of them--despite always being in poorer shape and slower.

I personally don't think any of the three are potential stars. I just don't see it. There's a million dudes in the NFL with Chris Henry's physical ability. LenDale is not Bettis. Chris Brown is pure lameness. These guys will be platooned for a while until we get fed up with them and draft someone else or bring in a FA (pray sooner rather than later)

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

There are? Who in the league has the great mixture of speed, size, and power like Henry does? Only a few come to mind and that is LT, AD, Fred Taylor, S-Jax, and LJ. Pretty good company there.

7. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I would think that most of the RB's who make it to the NFL can run somewhere between 4.3-4.5 and are between 205-225 lbs.

8. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Lendale is fine. He is not going to pad his stats with homeruns (unfortunately), but he also is not going down easily. Look at how defenses stack our LOS. They are daring us to throw deep, where they feel (rightly) their DBs can handle our WRs 1-on-1 well enough to make it pay off. You should not be able to establish a consistent running game against fronts like that. We do. And we do because we have a very good OL and a tough runner. It aint pretty, but it is Fisher-ball, and it is winning. We do not yet have enough talent across the board to be greedy in terms of how we win.

Give Vince some better WRs and let him develop some chemistry and confidence with them (and of course 2 healthy legs), and you'll see more gashing runs from the typically plodding #25. He is starting to learn how to run in the NFL. The improvement is noticeable, week to week.

9. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I think you will find Henry was the second or joint first fastest back coming out of college this year.

10. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Just checked:He was 1st 4.30. Not just the fastest rb but faster than any db and joint top with Yamon Figurs the wr in the whole draft class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar