Whitehurst arm wrestles Kern for #6 jersey; loses

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, May 28, 2014.

1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

3. JCBRAVE

But really, its Charlie Whitehurst, are we that surprised?
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

In a battle of the minds Whitehurst also came out on the bottom. What if they injured their arms doing that?
  5. JCBRAVE

Maybe they arm wrested lefty? Kern is a lefty, wonder if Whitehurst knew that LOL
  6. 520

520 Starter

Well brett is a starter whitehurst is a career backup qb...id expect the starter to win that
  7. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

Charlie Whitehurst isn’t a great quarterback. But he’s better at quarterbacking than he is at arm wrestling.

Whitehurst, currently a backup in Tennessee, has lost his jersey number of choice (No. 6) via the ultimate biceps barometer battle — against the team’s punter.

Yes, Whitehurst lost his number by losing at arm wrestling. With punter Brett Kern. In Whitehurst’s defense, Kern is 6-2 and 214 pounds. Of course, Whitehurst is 6-5 and 225.

Complicating the embarrassment is that Whitehurst disclosed the embarrassment himself, via Twitter and Instagram. Then again, that approach allowed him to control the message on a nugget that inevitably would have been disclosed by Kern or someone else.

It could have been worse. Whitehurst could have held a press conference at 3:00 p.m. ET on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend with no questions from the press taken by the person calling the conference.

[​IMG]
  8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

Shame Kern didn't injure our awesome 2nd strings throwing arm. Would at least have made a funny footnote to Clipboard Jesus's epic career.
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

If I am Whiz I am ready to kill Whitehurst.
  10. JCBRAVE

You guys serious? You're mad our 3rd string QB arm wrestled our Punter? :suspect: