Whitehurst arm wrestles Kern for #6 jersey; loses

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

its like me bein Mexican.....dw bein homo.....you bein fat is jus one of those things that's funny to talk about lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

Players join new teams every offseason and their arrivals often lead to stories about deals being struck to get preferred uniform numbers from new teammates.

Such deals usually include a cash payment or charitable donation in exchange for switching digits, but it appeared there was a new approach in Tennessee this offseason when quarterback Charlie Whitehurst posted on Instagram that he lost an arm wrestling match to punter Brett Kern over the No. 6 that Whitehurst wore in San Diego and Kern has been wearing in Tennessee.

A short time later, Kern intimated that there never was an arm wrestling match and Whitehurst confirmed on Monday that the entire things was a figment of his imagination.

“It all happened so fast. I don’t remember what motivated me to do it, but I think it was kind of like, ‘Hey, this looks pretty good,’” Whitehurst said, via the Tennessean. “It was a 30-second thought. I didn’t think anybody took me that serious.”

Whitehurst said that he asked Kern how tied he was to No. 6 when he signed with the Titans and that he thinks he would have beaten Kern, but that it would have been “fairly irresponsible” for a quarterback to engage in an arm wrestling bout. Whitehurst will wear No. 12 this season and we’ll all just have to continue to wonder what would happen if he and Kern decided to film a sequel to Over the Top.

[​IMG]

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Title should read:

"Charlie Whitehurst didn’t think"

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Good to know our new backup makes bad decisions on the fly.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

How is this a bad decision? It was (kinda) funny.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It was funny, but its just a bad look to lose something to a punter.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"I didn’t think anybody took me that serious.”

Fixed that for you, Charlie.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

His hair must be the equivalent to a play-off beard...he'll cut it when he starts.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Lol I love this guys personality

10. peterm211

peterm211 Starter

Doesn't matter he's still the best clipboard holder ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar