Whitehurst says Locker is “primed to have a heck of a season”

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

Titans quarterback Charlie Whitehurst was signed this year not only to back up starter Jake Locker, but also to help teach Locker the offensive system of new coach Ken Whisenhunt, whom Whitehurst played for last year in San Diego. Whitehurst thinks Locker is going to look great in this offense.

Whitehurst told the Tennessean that he expects Locker to look better than he has before.

“Part of my job this year is to help guys in the new offense,” Whitehurst said. “At the backup quarterback spot, you have to be ready to play if called upon and that is my first priority. I have been doing my best to help Jake and he has helped me in this process. We’re helping each other. I think he is primed to have a heck of a season, and if need be, I’ll be ready to play.”

This is a make-or-break season for Locker, who is heading into the final season of his contract. If he looks as good as Whisenhunt thinks he will, Locker will get a lucrative contract in Tennessee or somewhere else next year. If not, this may be the last time Locker enters a season as an NFL starter.

[​IMG]

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well duh, if Im sold on Locker, and 520, The Hammer, and Clipboard Jesus are sold on him, he must have the goods.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I hope he kills it.

I'm still worried about his foot affecting his play and his durability. I WANT to be wrong.

4. JCBRAVE

Dont worry, you will be :D

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. NJTitansfan34

NJTitansfan34 Starter

Seriously though, as if Charlie Whitehurst is gonna say, 'wow Jake ****kin sucks bro' and I am a big locker fan and really hope he's the guy that gets us back to the playoffs and makes us a contender again. But I really am not comfortable with Whitehurst as the next guy in. As inconsistent as fitz was at times he gave us a hell of a lot better chance to win than Whitehurst. I keep hearing how they brought him in to help locker along with the offense... Hire him as an offensive assistant than and save the money for a legitimate backup. Could have easily used the Michael oher money on that instead..

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If he doesn't we're screwed, so go Jake go.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

VY is available.

8. JCBRAVE

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JCBRAVE

Of course he'd never say "Jake f**king sucks", but if that were the case no one is going out of their way to praise a guy. If jake didn't impress, Charlie woulda just stayed quiet.

10. NJTitansfan34

NJTitansfan34 Starter

not if he's being interviewed and is asked the question. I highly doubt he's gonna just come out of nowhere on his own and say that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar