Whitlock hits one on the head for once

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TBC_titan, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You can make up numbers about propotions all you want, but they don't really mean anything, other than that you think most women do something.

Also, there's a huge distinction that you dropped there. I'd agree that a very large percentage of women have envisioned their wedding, or have been planning aspects of their wedding since childhood. However, doing that "as an agenda" as you said earlier, is an entirely different thing, and a much lower portion of the population. With those people, if you're dumb enough to marry them, you get what you deserve.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree that a man and woman shouldn't get married if one or both are not serious about the commitment. However, once the decision is made I think the right thing to do is to adhere to the vows you took.

Maybe another article could be written on not having children until a person is serious about sticking to one sexual partner. Marriage's can be broken with divorce but children are the ones who ultimately get hurt. If you are married with children the stakes go up considerably.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

there's nothing to correct there. my comment was in the context of a marital union. i'm not talking about women that are being courted. i'm not talking about a girl friend or even a fiance. i'm talking about a wife. "woman" as i termed it was too broad of a term, i suppose. i just could have said wife.

anyways,
    i'll let you in on a secret that a promise keeper knows. when you hold up your end of the bargain with an honorable and virtuous woman you reach a level of true satisfaction you won't find in fornification. it's like comparing meat and potatoes with a glass of milk to beef jerky, potato chips and a can of cola. i don't want to explain the analogy of marriage is to a meal what casual sex and one night stands are to junk food but it holds true, that is, if the man and woman are both equipped to live and put their needs aside for the sake of their spouse and live the married life.

people who complain about the married life are posers who don't really know what they are doing. if you talk to someone that lives a married life well, and by well, i mean to the fullest, unselfishly and virtuously; and actually puts in the work the benefits they reap far outweigh anything they ever had living single, living for themselves. i am 31. this might be tmi, but idc, fyi, after almost 9 years, my action between the sheets is hotter than it was when I was a newlywed. That's because i understand what a marriage is really about.

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Whitlock is jackhole. He has stereotyped every athelete and their wife down to a walking penis and a hopeful airhead. No woman wants to get married to a man who cheats on her. Cheating is not mutually exclusive to athlete's either. The problem with athlete's is that they are greedy and selfish, most of the time.

They want the perfect wife at home. They want their wife to be smart, pretty, keep their home comfortable and in order and be a good Mother to their children. They want to be able to come home to peace and serenity. However, a lot of them still want to be worshipped and pimp around. Whitlock makes it seem as if the wives are lost lambs. Personally, if my man cheats on me, he knows that I'm going to return the favor.

I have serious swag and I want to be with a man who a lot of other women want. It's a two way street, though. Females always want another woman's man. They want to feel like they're taking your man. Your man could be shaking the fry basket at McDonald's and women would be after him.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

i don't buy that. i give women, in general, a little more credit.. but what the hell, it takes one to know one... do you think that might be a cultural thing? not trying to make race an issue, but do you think that might be a mentality more common to that of people of color? Whitlock is black. Steve McNair is black. You are more black than a regular white girl. I'm so white I feel uncomfortable with my own damn post... but I just don't see that from the wives of people I know, and for the most part, a majority of them happen to be white, primarily because I am white. I don't know Elfin. Maybe it's a money thing. I'm very middle class. I'm poor by your standards. I live in an tiny house with a tiny yard. My friends drive very ordinary cars and many of them have payments. I don't have club seats. Is this more of a money culture mentality, a black mentality, or a black with money mentality? I'm poor white boy here and what you say doesn't jive with what I know. I'm trying to be respectful here, so please don't take offense. I hope this doesn't push the bounds of the forum rules either. I'm not trying to bounce a thread to taboo or anything. It's just that I don't understand fully the point of view.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not a very favorable comments about woman or men. You make both sexes sound like retards just looking for their next lay.

Females "always want another woman's man". What kind of comment is that?

If that is actually the way you feel along with your friends My gosh grow up. I have lost any respect I have for you.

"I have serious swag". I guess that means I'm a real moron always looking for that walking penis and you make Whitlock look like a genius.

Quite honestly YOU are the one stereotyping women as being mindless animals always looking for their next best male dog. Heck, if he flips hamburgers at McDonalds it doesn't matter? What matters then?

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I believe you call that an "absolute".

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Thats a real nice attitude to have in a relationship,once a cheater always a cheater. It least have the dignity to end the relationship if you know hes cheating on you instead of getting even. Your just as much at fault as he is for "returning the favor." Apparently two wrongs make a right in your world, i sure hope you dont have any kids.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Two wrongs don't make a right but in that case a second wrong can set the stage to make it right. If you cheated and were found out wouldn't you be relieved to find that your partner did it too? That way, two people have to forgive each other. Seems easier to heal to me.

10. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

True but now in the back of your head your going to be wondering when the next time its going to happen again. Sure you guys can make a promise but if it happened before then it can certainly happen again if the situation presents itself. It sets up to make the relationship real uneasy and the trust factor has to be built back up again. Theres certain things in a relationship that can be forgiven,cheating is not one of them IMO even if the playing field is back at zero.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar