Whitlock nails it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fanof49ASU, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanof49ASU

Fanof49ASU Camp Fodder

Guys, I have read this forum for quite a while now, and only starting posting since McNair's death. I truly felt that he made the Titans what they are today and appreciate the toughness that he added to the game.

But this article nails it for me. Steve was a great athlete, one that I cheered for everytime he took the field. And Jeff Fisher asks that we remember him for his play on the field and his work in the community, but who is he kidding? You can't have one without the other. His miserable failures on the home front will not just go away. He will never be remembered for his co-MVP without being remembered for his infidelity in his marriage which led to his kids being without a father. The kids are the biggest losers here. They have my thoughts and prayers. McNair was a great QB, but he made some ignorant choices that led to his death. That is not the role model I want my kids to look up to.

End of my rant. Read the article....it's a good one without 'the sugar coating'.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9777174/Don/'t-be-so-quick-to-make-McNair-a-hero

2. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

pretty sure ur the only one who cares

3. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Why can't I punch people over the internet?

4. Fanof49ASU

Fanof49ASU Camp Fodder

Guys....I'm a Titan fan first and foremost....I just wanted you guys to recognize another perspective before you canonize him.
    It's purely about the true victims here....the kids.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Steve shouldn't have effed around. That's that. But he was a great quarterback. Those of us who cared about him as a player, will remember him as a great player. Everyone else will remember him as a person who cheated on his wife with the wrong girl, and paid for it.

Both are true.

anyways, I applaud the balls to post an article like that here.

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Not that I don't agree....with both sides.
    I think he could have waited until after the memorial services before submitting this.
    A little quick to start tearing into someone.
    Just my opinion.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree. Ignoring half the story is honestly just ignoring half the truth. He did a lot of good, but also obviously made some very poor decisions that will negatively affect his family.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

and you are?

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

[​IMG]

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If the masses are willing to celebrate the "Michael Jackson" they loved in their hearts and ignore the molestation/falseness/ripping off lots of folks side of the celebrity, I think we can remember Steve just for the stuff he added to our lives.

The May/Dec thing is off - should be April/Aug.. And yes, the kids shouldn't have to be subject to paternal abandonment - but do we know that was the case?? How many parents split to find new relationships? Should that parent not be allowed to enjoy life?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar