Whitlock nails it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fanof49ASU, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

With all due respect, if that is what you took from this thread I dont think you read it very well.

2. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

McNair gets his brains blown out and you state that he wasn't a victim! In what kind of warped justice do you live your life?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

Wow, I can't believe people are talking about McNair's legacy being tarnished over marital problems and an affair.
    It's not like married couples getting divorced is such a rare thing. Isn't it about 50% of all marriages in the US today that end in a divorce?
    It takes two to maintain a relationship. And if things weren't going that great in the McNair home, perhaps it was better for the kids if mom and dad gave each other a little space.
    I think kids would prefer separated parents over a broken home any day.

McNair might not have done everything right. The fact that his relationship with his wife was not going all that great is sad, and it's hard to fault anyone for that. And ultimately, it's a personal matter.
    In all things football he carried himself with class, and he did so throughout his whole career.
    That's how he should be remembered.

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

You have got to be friggin' kidding!
    Unfortunately you are not.

Of course his wife and kids are victims.
    But so was he! He is dead!

This may qualify for the most ridiculous post I have ever seen.
    :rolleyes:

5. skitch

Not the entire thread, but parts of it...... definatley!

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

lets see, he is screwing around on his wife, spending time with his mistress (maybe 2), spending money on them, taking them on trips instead of being with his family. If he hadn't of been doing that he would be alive today..so yes his wife and kids are the victims.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You forgot to add how perfect some posters have been their entire lives. Never done a thing wrong those people.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Lets see...a guy is shot dead. That spells victim to me.

Lets see what the dictionary says -

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/victim?view=uk

Well...there you go.

9. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

You said Steve McNair is not a victim in your earlier post, which is a ridiculous and cruel assertion. You are going out of your way to condemn a dead man, who cannot defend himself. While most people accept that McNair was wrong to have the relationship with the girl, they have enough grace to not belabor the point.

10. skitch

No kidding!
    Maybe some of these folks should just go ahead and start a "McNair bashing thread", or a "Morally Superior" thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar