Who are the most down to earth Titan players?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That was before he tore his ACL... I'm pretty sure.

I'm sure he's a cool guy, but I wouldn't want to hang out with him because my chances of death or getting arrested would shoot through the roof.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Hahahhahaha for the sake of Kenny, I wouldn't hang out with him.

I'ma the kind of bad influence he gets from his NJ boys.... Always drinking, always smoking, n party'in up, hahahahah... Just no good

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Pacman seemed like a cool guy believe it or not. I went to some TC practices one summer and he would come over to the fence and talk/joke with fans between plays. He gave his gloves to some kids too.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

There's plenty of good guys in the NFL, not all of them are good role models but they are still good people!

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Sounds like a crazy night. I'm in.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I remember the one and only time I was given a field sobriety test, the whole time all Im thinking is "don't you f - - k this up"

We did the alphabet, looked up and walked a line, he made me memorize a freaking poem, I was like this f-ing guy.Then came that eye test, my head moved too, but the cop was like keep your head still, he was professional and nice the whole time.

I aced that test like a champ.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Vince young was super nice when I met him.
    Really, all the players I've met have been nice. No reason for them not to be.

KVB, Haynesworth, Odom, Lamont Thompson, Roydell Williams, Roby,

Even Rob Reynolds was nice. Good thing I wasn't his spouse, or he would have beaten me with a crowbar.

They stopped coming to northwestern kentucky on the tour routes because they realized nobody will show up. The one I went to in 2005 in Henderson, I was one of like 40 people there, and Haynesworth, Odom, Thompson and Reynolds were there.
    Haynesworth gave us a tour of their bus and everything. I could have stolen Haynesworth's jersey, it was just laying there.

The only Titan that strikes me as a real jerk currently is CJ.

8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Steve McNair was very approachable.

I remember sitting at a table next to him at Rio Bravo. We talked for like 25 minutes about a bunch of stuff. This was during Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa's home run chase. There was a Cardinals game on and McGwire hit his 60th homer. We all stood up and yelled and gave high-fives. Pretty cool experience.

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Vince was super cool, Mac9 was awesome, Keith Bulluck was cool, and even CJ was pretty cool once I started joking around with him (he's actually a pretty funny guy).

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I also ran into Bulluck and Finnegan right after the '08 playoff loss to the Ratbirds. I was at the Tiger Mart on Broadway getting gas and then this Mercedes pulls up to the pump next to me and it's Bulluck and Finnegan. I didn't talk to Finnegan but did talk to Bulluck. He was cool and they were both in surprisingly good moods for having just been bounced from the playoffs (I only later found out about KB's tunnel tantrum). I was taken aback by how small both of them were. Finny was smaller than me. KB was much bigger than me but still not nearly as big as he looks on TV/on the field.

I saw VY at the Walmart in Cool Springs. He was in the back near the customer service desk/bathrooms signing stuff for a bunch of kids. I went up to him and asked if he would sign something for my nephew who is handicapped. He seemed happy to oblige and said "sure go grab a football" (we were right by the sporting goods section). So I went and got one but when I got back his handler/manager/whatever was all "Nope. Sorry. No more autographs. We have to go." and proceeded to usher him out the back door. Douche. I don't fault VY for it at all though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar