Who are the real Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Before Titan season 07 began, I stated that we must concentrate on fixing the defense 1st and worry about the offense 2nd. Our defense last year was terrible and only if we could fix the problems could we make the playoffs this year. During the first ½ of the season, it appeared we had done the things we needed to do to improve. The last 2 weeks we have backslidden to last year, unable to stop the run or the pass. Many will say that it’s because Big Al is hurt. Although his absence should be felt, it should not cause the rest of the defense to totally disappear. All of a sudden we have forgotten how to tackle. The coaches and players need to put a stop to this skid right now before it is too late. We are now looking at the 6th seed with several team breathing down the back of our necks. It is time for our leaders to step up and bring this defense back to where it was early on. If not, we will soon be hearing the old Jim Mora, “Playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs?”

Our offense is improving. VY is growing as a QB. He is still struggling with accuracy but is definitely getting better. White still looks slow. If he’d drop 15-20 lbs, he could dominate this league. CB looked good last night but couldn’t stay one the field. Our WRs & TEs look great at times but drop too many key passes that kill drives.

Our special teams started strong this year but now look anemic. Davis is falling out of favor and could hit the inactive list. Henry has been a bright spot on kick returns recently but may be facing a suspension soon. Our coverage teams need work in a big way. We have been giving up way too much yardage as of late and of course last night a score.

Keep improving on offense, get back to the defense & special teams commitment from earlier this season and we will be a team to be reckoned with.:irked:

2. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

No comments? Wow!

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well if you're asking "who are the real Titans", I'll say we're still a team looking for an identity. We're also not the team many thought we were at 6-2.

We're obviously still building. 1st place I'd start for this team is the running game.

4. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I know it shouldn't happen but in this case and in others the loss of 1 player does have a big affect on the play of his teammates. What would happen to the Colts and Patriots if their QB's went down? It would start a domino effect as stated on a differant thread.He's killing teams on his own,busting s**t up in the middle. I could go into it but i can't be arsed.Work it out for your self.:))

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans are a team who is wildly inconsistent in all phases of the game.

They go from one week dominating in the run game to a team who can't get 3.3 ypc. They go from a QB who can't hit the broad side of a barn to one who looks extremely sharp for stretches. They have a set of WRs who appear to be improving only to have a setback and drop easy passes.

Defensively, they go from shutting down teams to being gashed by the run and burned by big plays through the air. They go from continuous pressure on opposing QBs to nothing.

Special teams looks great one minute then allows a big return.

The only things consistent about the Titans is their inconsistency. Bironas and Hentrich appear to be the ONLY consistent parts of the team right now if you don't include the turnovers.

What's promising is the potential. All aspects of the game has dominated at times this season but disappear at others. When the learn to pull it together more, they'll take that next step.

6. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Camp Fodder

Let me see if I have this correct: the Titans are consistently inconsistent? :)

As paradoxical as that seems, I have to concur with you on this. If the team could ever could get all three phases together, it'll be a wonderful day. I didn't have the biggest expectations this year; 10-6 would have me dancing in the streets. But the potential is there. But can the potential be converted into results? That remains to be seen.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Let me add, the Titans are reliably unreliable.

10-6 and WC spot. I'm con-vince-d!

8. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Who are the real Titans?
    "They are who we thought they were">:(

Seriously, I think we're still aways away. We need a lot of fundamental skill development. It's just not there for the most part. I don't know what the solution is, the way they practice, individual motivation, coaching etc. They may just need time. It's frustrating to see spotty performances after operating like clockwork.

So far,We don't have any receivers, no tight ends, ( Scaife is not a starter). Absolutely no depth on the defensive line, and a somewhat goofy special team.

Some say we don't have a QB, I'm still holding out on that one.

I don't know, We all got an opinion here gloom & doom to can't do no wrong. I guess from everybody's collective opinion maybe We are who we thought we were?

9. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

We have a serious problem. Right now we are out of the playoffs and I cannot see un making it back in. In fact, the way we are playing now, we may not even win another game. Sure Big Al will be back but the other 10 on D are not pullong their weight. It's time for the team leaders to call a players only meeting and get things straight. Our D must return to domination or we will go no where.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree with jeff. Titan jeff that is. I'm getting tired of jeff fisher and now we have him for 4 more years. 4 more years of mediocrity and excuses..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar