Who are the Tennessee Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Subjugation, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

I've been trying to figure out what it is about this years team, that makes me so detached from them, and it recently hit me.

This organization has no soul. Obviously the ownership situation, ceo/president thing, that is what it is and creates some detachment, but for me it goes even deeper. I was never on one side of the fence or the other with bud Adams, so while there aRe questions, the players/coaches hold much more weight.

When you look at winning teams, or even losing teams that are rapidly moving towards turning it around, they all have a "thing". Whether it be a "us vs them" mentality, or a swagger in certain parts of their game, or a montra you hear the players use. There's always something that is bought off on, and it permeates the team media. You look at teams like the bengals, cardinals, jets, Vikings. There are not win every year franchises, and all of them have been losing record teams in the last 5 years. They are all playing good this year, and they all have a team that does more than "respects each other". They all have a team thing going on, and when they talk, they aren't talking about "well this guy leads by example, he's not a rah rah guy"

That is what I hear non stop from the Titans. I literally don't know anything about this team. Whisenhunt is not a spokesman for the team. He isn't a "Nashville personality", he gives much more effort trying not to say stuff than he does actually saying anything and connecting with the fans.

Ok, so maybe not every coach plays that role.

Franchise qb. He's a quiet guy, that leads by example. Ok great, not every franchise qb is outspoken. The general consensus is that everyone respects him and his work ethic. That is great, the thing is, people like people more often than not. Let's not act like the NFL is some odd oasis where people hate each other unless you are special. mariotta not a "clown", people like him, but should he be the face of the franchise just because he isn't a clown?

Is he building something in the lockerroom that everyone gets behind? If jot, who is then? If he is the face of the franchise, it is his job to do these things. I haven't heard Mariota one time indicate he's leading anything. If he's not that type of guy, then he's not a face of the franchise. You can't have a quite, sit in the back and play good type of guy as the face of a franchise with a bunch of nobodies.

Then you take a look at the rest of the team, the "elder statesman" Michael griffin who doesn't say or do much of anything. Nobody steps up and takes responsibility. It's all just the same stuff week in, week out "we are going to turn it around" it's all just a bunch of individuals all trying to be the guy that doesn't get blamed.

We as fans, have no idea who the "running back is" or who will be the featured WR, or TE or starting oline. Oh we signed Orakpo, what is he saying?

It's week 8 and there's an article on ESPN on how Orakpo is a captain, and has a deep voice. There's literally an article based on how deep his voice is. Nothing in how he's taken younger guys under his wing, or how he challenges other defensive players.

Which brings me to the contains, it was week 7 before they were picked. Your telling me in a sport with so many alpha males, we can't decide through 8 weeks of training camp and preseason who our leaders are?

This is why the fans are abandoning the franchise.

This team shows up, goes through the motions, and then they go home. Nobody on this team is invested in being Titans. Any one of those players could be on any other team. Nobody has any notion of having a "Titans legacy" it's just about here and now for all of them, until they go so,we here else. There is a football team that plays its games in Nashville but nobody on the team is a Tennessee Titan.

If there were, I would lose with those guys, and follow them through the tough times, but we as fans aren't getting that. We are watching a bunch of dudes wear our uniform, and do a horrible job at pretending to be a team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

An actual dumpster fire would be more entertaining to watch than this dumpster fire team.

3. amy

amy Starter

Well said. The problem is that we have been losers for so long, It seems to have become ingrained. And I fault the coaches for the most part. Face it, what kind of personality does the Whiz have? or old man LeBeau? (I can say that because I'm an old woman! lol) or any other coaches? And remember Munch? I liked him a lot, but outgoing personality? naah. No wins, no personality equals what we got-a forgettable team. I'm just glad I love hockey!

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

The Tennessee Titans are a conglomerate of compounded problems. I agree with the OP that our team looks like a bunch of guys just going through the motions and cashing their pay checks. It's the team, the coaches, the front office, the concession stand vendors, a missing attitude, complacency in losing, lethargy, weak talent, and the list goes on an on. The franchise either needs to sell to a owner ready to do what is necessary or the owners need to reboot this organization and that means cleaning house from top to bottom.

On a side note, another reason this team is so bad is because noone on the team fears losing their job. Look at Michael Griffin, the dude is just bad, but we pay him for his leadership. Other players see this and know they aren't going anywhere no matter how bad they play.

5. Ronnie Vod

Ronnie Vod Camp Fodder

We're the team that makes people constantly ask me, "Why the hell would you root for that franchise?" Which, I guess, perpetuates the initial question.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Bud Adams may not have been a great owner, but there was no denying that he truly cared. He really wanted to win a superbowl. I just don't seem to get that from the new owners. They are owners by default not so much by desire. They need to sell this team. They do not deserve it.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The best way to find a football teams identity is to look at it from a chefs perspective.

What ingredients do you have? You wouldn't try making a four course meal without some kind of appetizer, salad, entree and/or dessert. And honestly we dont have a full meals worth of talent to be trying that..

What this team needs to do is make one hell of an appetizer so that when the rest of the meal is lacking the first part makes up for it. This is why Ive been preaching "fast start"since week-4. We are losing games because we're getting out played early.

We are also losing because Whiz insists on letting McCluster run the ball.. That guy isn't built for that, let Andrews plow forwards....

I noticed last week this team plays their hearts out when they have to, everyone tried to be the hero.If we play like last week for a full 3 hours and with our real QB, I like how we could look.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

lol basically we need the fast starts to cover up for the mistakes that are certain to come all the rest the game

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I can summarize the OP without two miles of text.
    Titans Suck!

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar