Who do you select at 3?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans2871, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

Lets say that Reggie and Vince are off the board at 3. Who do you take???

1. Matt Leinert
    2. A.J. Hawk
    3. D'Brickshaw Ferguson
    4. Jay Cutler
    5. D. Williams
    6. Trade Down

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, my newest bold strategy is to pick "late" (as I understand it, if you don't make your pick in time, the next team is allowed to pick ahead of you) just to see who the Jet's will pick. My feeling is they will give Pennington another shot.

If the Jet's don't take Leinart or Cutler, it could open up a lot of trade possibilities, since Packers, 49'ers, Bills and possibly even the Lions aren't looking for a QB.

Cardinals have other needs, but they would be dumb not take a QB if one falls to them (of course they did pass on Rodgers last year, but by now they must realise Warner/McClown are not the solution).

So hopefully we could lure someone in the 6-9 range to leapfrog the Packers for Hawk, Williams or D'Brick, Leinart/Cutler whoever is still on the board and then grab the remaining QB.

If we miscalculate and both Leinart and Cutler are gone we still have a shot at at least one of Hawk, D'Brick, D. Williams, Jimmy Williams, Michael Huff, Chad Greenway, Demeco Ryans etc.

If we can't get a satisfactory trade I'd pick Cutler in a heartbeat. He has looked real good in the practices I've seen and is getting good remarks from scouts. Plus he looks like he can get even better, as opposed to Leinart who some feel is as good as he's ever going to be.

3. No way in hell...

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]
    :lol3:

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:chairwack

6. TheMugwump

TheMugwump Guest

After Vince and Reggie, assuming you have a decent QB, you've GOT to take Da Brick.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

Trade down to around 6-9. AJ, Jay, or DeAngelo Williams should be there.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:wave:

9. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

matt leinart plan and simple

10. maximus

maximus Starter

NNNNNOOOOOO.
    His arm is too weak to throw the deep out. Chow says there is a world of differance between Palmer and Leinhart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar