Who do you select at 3?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans2871, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Yeah. Leinart can walk.:wink2:

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

:ha: :ha: :ha:

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd be torn between Leinart and D'Brickashaw. I probably see if I can TRADE with the Jets, not just give up the pick. And I'd sit and answer the phone for about 12 1/2 minutes.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Man, some people in here are too afraid to think out of the box.

Seriously, the big issue about trading down is who out of the Jets, Raiders, Lions or Cardinals might take a quarterback. If the Jets don't, then one could go to the Raiders (if they can afford it...), Millen will probably give Harrington another shot now that he fired another HC, and Cardinals have not been that bad at QB, it's more their O-line that needs work. If so we could probably trade all the way down to 12 (is Baltimore fed up with Boller soon? I wouldn't want to risk them taking the last of the 3 quarterbacks).

And there's no question in my mind, that trading down while still getting one of the players you covet (in our case probably one of the 3 QB's) is the optimal solution.

If you're afraid of taking chances, you pick D'Brick, since he pretty much can't fail to be an improvement on our O-line. As far as QB's I'm on the wagon that rates Cutler as high if not higher than Leinart, and I like Cutler's arm a lot.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Leinert. Then I'd be more ok with dropping McNair because you have a Heisman trophy winner walking into a similar offense with a old connexion. It couldn't get much better than that. seriously. If you think Young is a major takent, imagine a heisman trophy winner already knowing the offense. It too is a perfect fit.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Matt Leinert...coming out of college how does he stack up against the Peyton Manning of 1998?

7. I'd be OK with trading down 1 spot with the Jets, but just passing on our pick would be stupid. You can't do that at #3 and not get any compensation...

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Problem is you won't get Jets to trade 1 spot up, unless you know exactly who they want and strongarm them to give you a trade (like the Eli Manning deal). I just don't see it happening. However who the Jets are going to pick will, in my opinion, have a big impact on how far we could allow ourself to trade down, if it there are even any takers.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Reese talked the Giants in trading up one spot for Shockey.

10. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

matt leinart has an arm. youll see

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar