Who do you want as our coach in 2013?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by J Falk, Dec 19, 2012.

?

Who do you want to be our coach next season?

Poll closed Jul 19, 2013.
  1. Mike Munchak

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Jon Gruden

20 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. Bill Cowher

11 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Herm Edwards

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Nick Saban

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Andy Reid

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. Mike Holmgren

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Chip Kelly(Oregon)

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. Brian Kelly(Notre Dame)

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I can't stand these coaches.
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Jon Gruden- hell yeah. A kind of coach we need, loves Locker and the Titans (even if he's in love with other players), has a ring, and maybe players would be more eager to come here if they actually knew who are HC was?

Cowher- no way he comes here

Edwards- ehh no

Saban- he's not an NFL kind of coach

Reid- hell no

Holmgren- there is some connection with him and Reinfeldt. I believe he really liked Locker as well?

Chip Kelly/Brian Kelly- let's just go ahead and eliminate college coaches. Do we really want that kind of risk when we're still not even sure about the future of Locker after next year?
  3. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

Idk why ppl love Gruden. He was doing really bad at the end with the Bucs
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mike Holmgren is 64 years of age.

Cowher has not coached since 2006 and Gruden since 2008. Both have rings so what drives them other than money?
  5. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Special Teams Standout

Out of those, Andy Reid.
  6. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I'm more concerned with OC & DC.

They are the ones calling the plays and actually matter more with regards to player development and overall unit strategies.

If you gave me the option of either hiring a premium (DC and OC) vs a premium (HC), I'd take the coordinators.

I understand that a good HC will bring in his own staff and his popularity can help land some important players via free agency, but if i had to choose strictly between those two options, i'd take the coordinators.

Like i said before, I like Mike. He is on a short list of elite ballers that this club has had and has been a loyal person in all his roles with the organization for like three f'in decades now.

Don't get me wrong, I still want an elite HC, and if MM wants to try to find a HC gig elsewhere, I really do wish him the best of luck. If he doesn't mind manning the the OL again (or do that alongside Bruce among other things in a more assistant to the HC role), then that would be awesome. But i'm all for keeping him on staff.
  8. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Special Teams Standout

I'm for Andy Reid out of these options due to the fact that he's consistently been able to put a good product on the field and has shown himself to be a QB guru. If we were to get him i'm sure he'll take a look at Locker and evaluate whether he wants him to be our QB of the future or not. If not then Matt Barkley could be a distinct possibility with Andy Reid due to his innate knowledge of the west coast offence.

Reid's 4-3 base defenses have, however, been slightly more disappointing. Though this is not all his fault, it's mainly due to the fact that they have had shocking d-cords over the last few seasons. If he were to hire an experienced d-cord that is not afraid to blitz, then our young D would be a whole lot more successful.

Reid is an experienced NFL HC, still has passion for that game and would likely be able to turn the Titans back into a respectable organisation in a short period of time.
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

He went 9-7 the last two years with the Bucs. But yeah, I love Gruden because he shows emotion and loves the game. Tired of having plain face Munch on the side. I want a coach who can fire up his players before a game, not put them to sleep.

Ray Horton, Jon Gruden, or Kyle Shannahan.
  10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Doesn't seem to be hurting the 49ers or Seahawks right now..