Who do you want at 5?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanthakur, Apr 4, 2017.

?

Who do you want at pick 5?

Poll closed May 4, 2017.
  1. Jamal Adams

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Jonathan Allen

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Corey Davis

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Solomon Thomas

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Marshon Lattimore

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  6. OJ Howard

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  7. Malik Hooker

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  8. John Ross

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. Haason Reddick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Mike Williams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Other

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Adams has been #3 on my board the entire time.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

This guy.

I like this guy.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I am torn badly this year. All the prospects have significant flaws.

Lattimore - this all comes down to the medicals. If the doctors can convince me that his hamstring issues are behind him, he's my pick. But it concerns me.

Adams - perhaps the safest pick. From all accounts an outstanding leader. COuld be the heart and soul of the defense for years to come. Just doesn't wow you with anything. Solid, but not spectacular.

Howard - has such elite possibility, but has never shown dominance. Is that all scheme and bad coaching? Does he want to be the best? I voted Howard in the poll, but I can't take a project tight end, who will need to bulk up a bit and learn a lot, before he will be a big contributor at five.

Hooker - Love the kid. But there is just such a small sample size. And he is going to look like dog **** as a rookie. But will be pro bowl bound in year 3. But five is too rich for that.

Allen doesn't really excite me. Looks good, not great. Size can't be coached.

Way too early for any of the receivers. Ross is my favorite of the three, but he has serious medical and durability concerns. I would take him in a heartbeat if he's still there at 18 though.

Davis is just meh to me. He is polished, and seems like a high character guy. Just not athletic enough to truly be a #1 receiver in this league IMO. He is a rich man's Tajae Sharpe.

Williams impresses me the least. No speed. Can't run routes. All his is is a jump ball artist. Give me David Njoku over Williams.

Foster is another of the "if he makes it to 18, hell yes." But not at five. Another medical problem. Seems a bit of a head case, which can be a good thing in a MLB.

I'd probably come to this conclusion...

First of all, try like hell to trade down!

But if stuck...

At 5...

Adams or Lattimore. If my doctors can look me in the eye and bless Lattimore, I take him. The talent is just too good, and it is our biggest need. Done.

If they hesitate, I take adams. He won't be flashy, but he will stabalize the back end and be the leader of the defense for years.

And then hope like hell either Foster, Ross, Howard, or Davis falls to 18. I think it likely one will. If not, take Njoku.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I can agree with most of this. But I think Adams a bit more special than you make him out to be. He just seems like a face of the franchise for your defense kind of guy. He arguably has the best intangibles in the draft.
    I don't see that with anybody else besides Garrett.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I agree with the intangibles. Would just like to see a bit more tangibles. Hooker has all the tangibles, Adams has all the intangibles. Lol

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Hooker has more ints in 1yr than Adams had for his career. Hooker is the flashy pick, but Adams is the guy who will not get you beat by blowing an assignment or missing a tackle. You really can't go wrong with either one.

I think Adams is more of a JRob guy

7. titanman1987

titanman1987 Starter

I think we should try and trade back to at least the 12 pick and get a second or third and draft Ross. Hate to say it but can we really pass on the fastest wide out in the league and not just the fastest but is productive at that. Our receivers do not get enough credit. Mathews and Sharpe will be better in year 2 and with Ross opening up this offense we will be a lot better. If not Ross than Williams or Davis. We need to pick the best receiver possible in this years draft. Been a fan a long time and we have not invested in our receivers like we need to. Not interested in the fifth pick though we can get a lot more out of it.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

@TitansWrath

Howard is 251 and showed he could dominate in the run game. Don't know where the idea he needs to bulk up more came from. Walker when asked to be a blocker is as legit as they come... 248 lbs.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm just glad it's not up to me, this is as tough a spot to be in as any. Most years you have a clear idea of who the best prospect would be as this spot but it's not so clear this time. Adams and Allen seem like the safest picks, 5 is too valuable of a spot to waste. Ideally we'd trade down with Cleveland and pick up a 2nd.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We have invested heavily at the WR position in previous drafts...unfortunately they just haven't turned out....Britt and Wright in the 1st and Hunter and DGB in the 2nd and Williams in the 3rd.

Obviously we know we need to improve our WR core, but Jrob wasn't willing to give up a 1st for Cooks and so I'm not convinced he will for one of the rookies given our need on defense and the depth at WR in this draft.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar