Who do you want at 5?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanthakur, Apr 4, 2017.

?

Who do you want at pick 5?

Poll closed May 4, 2017.
  1. Jamal Adams

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Jonathan Allen

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Corey Davis

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Solomon Thomas

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Marshon Lattimore

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  6. OJ Howard

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  7. Malik Hooker

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  8. John Ross

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. Haason Reddick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Mike Williams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Other

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Reuben Foster aka "Junk Yard Dog". Or trade

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I hardcore want Reddick, but not at 5.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Reddick does have special traits

Wouldn't hate him being here one bit

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Now let's establish that Vernon Davis was drafted in 2006. Football was a little different then no? The game has evolved and how do you label Vernon Davis a bust? Over 500 career catches and has posted 13 TD seasons twice.

Kellen Winslow drafted in 2004 posted two 80 plus catch seasons and almost eclipsed 500 catches in his career. Had he not had multiple major injuries and thought he was Travis pastrana I think his career trajectory would have been a little different.

Eric Ebron has been in the league an entire two years and caught 61 passes last year.

Ebron is about the only one close enough to make a fair comparison if you want to call it that. They are not even remotely the same player.

Using history to dictate draft picks is stupid and lazy. That's like saying well don't draft Winston cause FSU QBs have traditonally sucked in the NFL. Each prospect is his own evaluation each year. Howard is the best TE prospect to come out in years. He can block he can catch and he has insane measurables. Unfortunately his OC doesn't know how to utilize him and keys in on one player and force feeds him ala Robert Woods, amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley, etc. When utilized properly such as apparently only in national championship games you see what happens.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

They are bringing him in for an official visit and you only get 30 of them.. so they're definitely interested

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

That's fine. It's my opinion. I'm not a paid scout by the team I can't control who they bring in and don't bring in. I'm stuck here like the rest of us invested emotionally in this team hoping for the best.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Not hating on that, was just responding to your "can't see us taking him" part.. it's definitely possible. They are interested

8. 615nick

615nick Starter

I voted hooker, only because if we have to stay at 5, i think he's the best player available. If we are drafting for need i say take lattimore. But, i really don't want to pick at 5 at all and would choose foster at around 10 over both of those guys. If foster wasn't there I'd go reddick, howard, peppers in that order. We need a great talent with our first pick, but i think the value is way better at around 10.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Jonathan Allen if he's there - BPA.

Would be cool with any of the top seven guys listed in the poll though.

10. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Because a couple good years when you were drafted 6th overall, especially as a TE does not equate to a successful pick. If you are drafted that high as a TE, you need to be a game changer, and it needs to be consistent. Those statistics are far from painting the whole picture too of how actually efficient they were.

And it's also nothing like the analogy you gave. We are talking about a specific position with a specific low value of worth in the NFL that only surpasses kickers and punters. Not to mention, it is probably the most difficult position to scout for.

Blaming Lane for OJ production troubles which were there before he was coaching there is quite obviously a fallacy as well. In fact, OJ has improved with Lane, especially his blocking which was terrible before.

The reality is you can't just throw 5th overall picks around at TEs like it's Christmas, and especially not because they ran a good 40 time, and let's all be honest here...that's the only reason we are talking about OJ at 5 instead of 18.

I like OJ, but the reality he has been over-hyped and overrated after his combine performance, and we don't have the luxury of throwing away picks like that when we gave up more first downs on pass plays than any other team last year, and certainly not when we already have a top 3 tight end that knows how to actually consistently get open.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar