Who do YOU want Titans to pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, Jan 6, 2006.

?
  1. Bush

15 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Leinart

11 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. Young

42 vote(s)
    53.8%
  4. Ferguson

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. AJ Hawk

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Cutler

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Trade down

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We've all said it on different threads but who do you REALLY want as Titans first pick? (Not if player X is available blah blah blah- just how do you really want the Titans use their first pick)

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

While I have to admit that I'm probably a little startstruck after watching VY (3 times now on Armed Forces Network, LOL)...I just love the story of him being mentored by McNair. If he comes out, I want him. Throwing motion, speed, blah, blah, blah, blah. He's awesome: a leader, mobile, tough...Imagine him with McNair and Chow (QB coach extraordinaire) for 2-3 years. Wow.

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I'd rather have Leinhart. One game doesn't make a guy better all the sudden and Leinhart's been good for three years straight. Trust me, I wouldn't be disappointed with Young, by any means, but I'd rather have Leinhart.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

rcarie...

I would disagree with most of your post. Lienart has started every single game as a starting QB, 39. He has been very good for a very long time and it is hard to imagine him failing in the nfl.

I don't get your point about young and one great game. Young has been doing that all year to people. It's that he saved his best game when his team needed it most. I have never seen such poise and leadership from a college player.

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I don't really mean it as a knock on Young. It's just that he went from being a 7th to 10th pick to being number one or two in one game. He's a great player no doubt about it. I think Leinhart is a better passer and better decision maker than Young not to mention he's equally as good as Young when under presure. Maybe not the other night but if they played each other say for example five times I think you'd get more consistant clutch play out of Leinhart.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Young came into college very raw. He played only a few games his freshman year, performing decently in those. His sophomore year, he played really well as Texas lost one game. This year, his junior year, they ran the table while he finished second in the heisman balloting. If the heisman was given after the bowl games, he probably would have won it. They don't hand these kind of awards out for one game. He has been good for a long time and has improved dramatically every season.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I've seen players come up 90-130 spots in the draft after the freaking combine. This kind of rise is not at all uncommon. The reason there was such a huge rise is because he played an almost flawless game against a defense that will probably turn out 7 or 8 NFL players. Not to mention he showed great leadership and performed under pressure.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

can someone answer this for me. why is matt leinart labled a "winner" because he has lost 2 games in his career, yet vince young isnt because he has lost 3?

it just seems to me that leinart almost benefits from not having a strong arm and being slow because he gets compared to tom brady. while vince young gets compared to someone who cant pass but has just one more loss than leinart.

it seems to me that both guys are "winners" but one has the better tools.

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Two Nat'l Championships and a Heisman trophy is probably why they label Leinhart a winner. Young is also a winner but he's a running QB and I'd rather have a guy more like a Manning, Brady, or Palmer and that's what Leinhart is.

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I may be way off here.....but I am feeling pretty good about the whole thing. I think Houston will take Bush, then one of 2 things will happen after that....
    1) Saints take Leinhardt and we take Young
    or
    2) Saints take Young and we take Leinhardt
    I prefer Young, but I'd take Leinhardt

All of this hangs on IF Young comes out or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar