Who have you settled on?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I've been back and forth as to who I think we should draft with our first pick, and I think I've finally settled. I've seen all the mocks, read the board, watched videos and have been glued to NFL Network so I feel I've done my due diligence; at least as much as an armchair quarterback can be expected to do.

Based on our free agent acquisitions I feel this is a luxury pick in a way, I mean our biggest weakness have been addressed the way the FO felt was best... for better or for worse. The interior O-line has been beefed up, especially at guard and safety has been addressed with two guys who could start. We also got bigger up the middle with two huge bodies.

The one area of weakness I see is at corner. Honestly McCourtey is, ideally, a #2 corner on just about any other team. Verner wouldn't be a starter on most teams as I see it, but we would clearly see the field in sub packages. This leads me to believe that corner is where we should go with our first pick. Not only is it a clear area of need but drafting 10th we should have a shot at the 2nd best corner in the draft or perhaps the top corner.

I do feel that Geno Smith will not be a top 10 pick, I also think that Milliner will be taken in the top 9, so that leaves us with a few top guys:

Desmond Trufant
    Xavier Rhodes
    Jonathan Banks
    Jamar Taylor

and so on...

Most, including myself don't see Banks or Taylor being first round picks, however Taylor may sneak into the bottom. This leaves me with Desmond Trufant and Xavier Rhodes. To me the answer is clear, with the 10th pick we should draft Xavier Rhodes, here's why.

The guy is a day one starter at corner, which would push Verner to slot and sub packages with is best for the defense anyway. I really like his size to be able to cover the Jimmy Grahams and Gronks of the league... 6'2", 217 and runs 4.4, that is perfect. The fact that he is a physical player really sets him up to cover tight ends and to possibly play safety which, lets be honest, despite the new additions would be a upgrade.

So Rhodes offers us and upgrade at corner, the ability to play different coverages and may develop into an incredible safety, which personally I think may be his best position on the NFL.

Anyway I'd like to hear who you all have settled on.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Star, Richardson, Warmack, or Rhodes is what I see. Sadly, I still can't decide. I want a defensive end, i'm just not sold on Mingo, Ansah, or Jordan. Mingo/Jordan mostly because I can't see them in a NFL 4-3 and Ansah due to his rawness.

So many choices! Bottom line: I'm still undecided.

3. xpmar9x

To add on to my above post, as long as we go CB, DE, OG within the first three rounds... i'll be happy. Remember, we have 4 picks in 3 rounds.

Luxury pick on DT or WR is possible.

4. xpmar9x

Watch the play around :51 vs Alshon Jeffrey. I'm impressed with that... i've been leaning more and more towards Xavier Rhodes. However, i'm a firm believer in a good DL can make any secondary look good.

1st: Xavier Rhodes
    2nd: Tank Carradine
    3rd: Barrett Jones
    3rdC: Ryan Swope

That would make me a very happy camper.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I haven't settled on anyone. As I said weeks ago, there aren't too many potential picks at 10 that I'd be unhappy with (unless we just completely reach on someone). The talent is so muddled we really have no clue how the top 10 will play out.

My most preferable scenarios:
    1. Ansah or Jordan fall to us
    2. Warmack or Cooper
    3. Floyd or Star

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. xpmar9x

Everyone sleeps on Sheldon Richardson.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Honestly, as much as I don't want a guard in the 1st round it's the smartest decision this organization could make. Too many guys have question marks, and the talent isn't strong either. Give me either Warmack or Cooper.

Then defense the rest of the draft.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'll be the first to admit, I'm heavily swayed by mocks. I don't follow college very closely.

9. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I would like to think that we will go CB, DE, RG and WR first four picks.
    I see those followed by an MLB

I love Mingo
    I like Werner and Ansah.
    I like Warmack.
    I like Star.
    I really like Warmack.
    Rhodes is a good pick.

I dont want Floyd, Milliner or Jordan.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I haven't settled but I think we'll be picking (assuming any are available):

Warmack/Cooper
    Milliner/Trufant/Rhodes
    Ansah
    Star/Flloyd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar