Who here has never been to Titan game and why?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bongo59, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

People who have never been to games before will be surprised at:

* how small the players really look. Most arer not that large in person.
    * how hard it is to actually tell where the ball is 90% of the time. On TV its different. you see the camera follow the ball like a magnet. Most times i see myself staring at the QB on most run fakes, and then turning to look at the RB when the D line turns and start running after the RB.
    * You see the WR running like crazy, and then all of the sudden you hear the fans nearest to the WR cheering like crazy. You then jump to the conclusion that the QB threw the ball to a WR who made the catch.
    * you can't see the ball! especially when its in the air.
    * you need to turn on Titans Radio while you're at the game and plug one earphone in one ear to know whats going on.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think it depends on the seats though.

Those club seats Riverman has, you can see everything.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I have never been to a game cause I am in the military and never been fortonate enough to be on leave around the time the titans play at home. I am stationed in NC. High ops tempo keeps me busy....Money...ect. Those are the reasons why I havent been. It is obvious why I would like to go. I plan on it one of these days. Hopefully next season.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

shoulda come with me. Just make a pass at your commanding officer :brow:

5. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

never been to a titans game BUT....WEEK 16 BABY i go to see the titans take on the bills here in buff. and yes im ready for a whole ton of garbage to be thrown at me for i will be wearing my titans hat and vy jersey and laughing at the fans when they boo Vince for running all over there pitiful D:))

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

YEAH ok...the short little fat guy would probably like it!! LOL

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If it worked in the Simpsons it will work in real life.

8. titanfan53

titanfan53 put me in coach

the wife and i have been to the last 3 against houston (live in south texas) my son has made it to the last 2 of 3(he is only 2)...everytime we have gone we have had very good seats...we always have gotten our seats on the titans sideline in the corner of the endzone (section 121) you can really see the holes open up as the play is being run...this past weekend i was able to see the whole defense open up for VY as he ran the game winning td in, and it was to the corner of the endzone i was sitting in (when he started celebrating) so that was cool...i agree it is kinda difficult to locate the ball if you do get suckered in by the play action, but on the good side that is just good play fake...my wife has never been into sports until she and i atarted dating and know she owns a McNair, Kearse, and George jersey, and a few titans shirts. anyway we had planned on making the baltimore vs tennessee game but the funds didnt allow us to...next year it is a different story..she will have a full-time teaching job and i will start my new carreer as a firefighter and the money issue should be a bit better and allow us to make some games in tennessee in 2007. anyway yea i have been to some games.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I live in niagara falls, ny, havent been to one but im goin to the bills game against the titans dec 24th

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Although I've never been to a Titans game I've been to two Oilers games. One in San Diego & one in the Astrodome. Both games were awful performances by both teams involved.

Against the Chargers I was treated to Warren Moon's 1st ever benching as an Oiler. To further rub salt in the wound, after I'd travelled half way around the world to witness my beloved team suck, they then proceeded to go on an 11 game winning streak:irked: :irked:

I haven't yet been to a Titans game due to financial commitments at home but I 'll be rectifying that in either 07 or 08. I wont be leaving until I finally get to see them win one.:grrhee:

I'm even on the waiting list for a PSL, my plan is that when I retire I can go to every game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar