Who in the world is Jim Sorgi?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The last few times that Sorgi has filled in for Manning he's looked solid. He's a back up coached by Peyton Manning,a guy who knows their system well enough to make us look stupid.

Something we have a knack of doing without outside help.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

how about a nice cup of shut the hell up Bama Boy?

Tackhead #9,
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting really optimistic. It's just that this week 17 feels all to familiar to me. How many of us were certain we had a decent chance against the Pats last year because they had "little to play for" and the Titans were "hot"?

You make a very realistic point about the homerish stuff. I understand what you mean. Maybe I'm superstitious. I just feel like it's a sure fire jinx for me to get too cocky when the stakes are this high. All I can think about is that long walk across the Korean Veterans Bridge back to my car last year after that crushing defeat to the Pats... only to arrive home and find out that we indeed got all the help we needed.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha: Unexpected.

Really it makes little difference, being cocky or not, the outcome hasn't been determined and won't be because of how you or I act.

I understand superstition, but why not be confident? cocky? We're not playing and our attitude has no effect directly, or indirectly on the game. We may as well enjoy it while we can, because after Sunday (Monday) who knows what will happen.

Que sera, sera.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

True...its just a feeling I have. I know we have much more to play for than the Colts, but the game just has me worried and I am hoping our DBs are ready. I think having Hope out hurts us. I have no confidence in Lowry...just don't. Griffin is still a rookie, though playing well.

If Peyton doesn't light us up and we hold it tight you can call me stupid then....but not now.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So let me get this right. If the people who post on the gotitans.com boards are too cocky and confident that will cause a negative aura against our team which could cause us to lose?

But then again if we totally expect to lose and take a "why bother" attitude we won't be quite as dissappointed if we lose.

Screw it! EVEN IF GAY MANNING AND THE WHOLE COLTS TEAM PLAYED ALL THEIR STARTERS AND DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO WIN THIS GAME WE WOULD STILL KICK THEIR PONY BUTTS!

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I am starting to think that this site is made up of a bunch of little teenage girls....

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Does it really take much talent to fill in for Peyton Manning? Maybe I'll catch heat, but if you can't find a wide open receiver with 4 seconds to throw the ball and 4 guys that constantly get open, you shouldn't be able to call yourself 'quarterback'.
    Heck, Vince Young could throw for 400 yards in that offense.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

who said anything about expecting to win? i have calm, cautious optimism that is pretty even keel. I'm not screaming we are going to make the playoffs from the mountain tops. I'm feeling better about it everyday. I heard on the radio that Al practiced and looks as if he's gonna play. That's encouraging.

The Colts are pretty darn good. I'd like this a little better if we were going against the Ravens, Dolphins or even the Bills. I hope they rest their whole team real good.

Here's the real way I see it:

If the Colts rest and we beat them, we get in and win a WC game. That would be gravy train. Then we waltz into New England and hand them their arse. And I mean a good old fashioned butt-rapin'. None of this squeaking by with a last second fg, or worse yet a prayer on fourth and twelve. We won't be having none of that.

Titans 31
    Patriots 10

:yes:

Then we play the real Colts... that's my scenario.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I know how you like to talk out your *** and shock post...

But seriously, regardless of how many people around here hate him, Peyton is one of the greatest NFL QBs of all-time.

It shouldn't even be debatable anymore.

I agree he has lots of talent around him, but which great QB hasn't?

He's still one of the best field generals, great at in-game adjustments at the line of scrimmage. One of the smartest to ever play the position.

Anyone that really agrees with you is pretty much just a peyton hater like you. That's cool though, as Titans we need Peyton haters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar