Who is better? Young, Leinart, or Cutler

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Spinnaker, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

OK- he didn't run a pro-style offense but he did run one that won games. I'd have to look up how many times McNair was in the shotgun during the 02,03 runs- but I'm guessing it was a high percentage. My point is, I'm not sure it really matters what kind of offense he ran in college in regards to how effective a QB he could be in the NFL.

His ability to read defensive schemes is speculation, not fact.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The problem is that college is nothing like the NFL and just because you're winning in college doesn't mean you'll be good in the NFL. Just ask the likes of Eric Crouch.

3. Riverman

Agreed. It is speculative, as are the arguments that Cutler or Leinart's game will translate into a better NFL game as well. I just haven't seen any objective points other than mentioned above that suggest Young is a bigger draft risk than the other two.

4. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

Vigsted,

(Slightly off topic here). I was wondering do you ever feel like writing up your arguments in like a word document and then just pasting them in everytime someone brings up the same discussion again and again? :))

Thats not really meant to be a dig at anyone, btw. Just a comment on how it seems like no matter how different a thread may start out or how well a previous thread is debated, they seem to be coming back to the same argument again and again. [Ex(shouldnt use team stats to compare abilities, nfl and college are different, trust titans staff over posters opinions,best player available vs team need, chow coached ML. Mcnair mentors VY, etc, etc, etc)] :wall: :stars:

Any way we could all vote and have the draft tomorrow?

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

no. we can't vote and do the draft tomorrow.
    It's not like anyone else has been able to make a case for Young.

Young, IMO, lately... seems to get no love. I'm at the point now where I like them all so much. Leinart was who I liked during the season and then I gravitated to Young. Now I think Jay Cutler is awesome. We could draft any of these I guys. I don't think I'd care. I see a tremendous upside to Young, but I'm scared of him. BP hasn't seen Riverman in a while so mail in the post tomorrow because it's refreshing to see a post in support of Young. He could be the biggest draft pass-up since Randy Moss.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I like what you say there. I'd still take Young out of the three. He's got the poise, he's ahead of where Vick was at the same point in time, and he will work hard to prove people wrong.

They are all risks, but I think Young will be more than fine in the NFL, and this Wonderlic score is just bad press. Bad management to not prepare him, but, in the end, he scored a 16. Marino did as well, and I would take that. Young and Leinart's stock will rise again after their workouts and interviews. In the end, the ride is going to be more fun with Vince Young than the other two, and so I still lean toward him. I won't be mad with anyone else we draft, but I'm still loathe to take Cutler at #3. Sorry. You can interview well and place just for showing up, but I still don't feel his stock is that high. Now if Cutler came out last year with the same kind of hype, I'm sure he'd go #1 overall next to Alex Smith, but this is now. He should still go in the top 10, maybe even #4, but if he's the first QB taken overall by us, I'll be mighty surprised. Even if we like him a bunch, I don't see how we won't take a trade down opportunity if one presents itself as long as we still get a QB in the process.

7. Riverman

No doubt. This may really be why I want to see him in two-tone blue.

Draft Day is REALLY going to be exciting this year.

BTW, Thanks GLinks and SEC 330 BP for the comments and the obvious effort you make to understand posts before you respond.

8. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Then you're not paying attention. Try turning your computer off, reading a paper, listening to a sports talk show. It's all you hear....."Young is a better athlete than he is a QB". That's risky.

9. Riverman

Well that's objective and not full of speculation. :sad2:

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

BTW: This might be hard for you to believe, but even though we haven't actually seen the needle sticking out of his ***, some of us speculate that Barry Bonds has taken steroids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar