Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Who is our best weapon on offense?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Oct 21, 2013.

?

Biggest weapon on offense

Chris Johnson 11 vote(s) 17.2%
Jake Locker 29 vote(s) 45.3%
Kendall Wright 22 vote(s) 34.4%
Nate Washington 2 vote(s) 3.1%
Other, please state 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $97

well I think you can argue it for sure. Who would take his production? If Wright went down, it would be a huge blow to our passing game.
    Dman high fives this.
  2. RazorbackTitans Starter

Washington
    Moolah:
    $1,929
    Yeah.. this should have been minus Locker
  3. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $97

weapon/player/whatever

the guy who gives us the best chance to win.
  4. RazorbackTitans Starter

Washington
    Moolah:
    $1,929

Then I would say starting QB.. whoever that may be and whichever team we may be talking about. Thats why I was thinking QBs should be excluded.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,506
    It's probably Locker but I put Wright based on what I've seen from him the last few games. I think he's ready to blow up after the bye.

I don't think the Titans have ever had the kind of WR that other teams had to put two guys on (Moss got a little respect in his short time here) but Wright looks like the real deal. Britt was getting close before the ACL.
    Dman high fives this.
  5. damersbrah Special Teams Standout

George
    Moolah:
    $401
    I'm sorry, but I'm not even entirely clear on what you're trying to say? Wright is our best weapon because Locker can't throw himself the ball? I hope you realize Wright can't throw himself the ball either? The guy has yet to have a 100+ yard receiving day and only averages 10 ypc.

And do you know Locker's biggest run was longer than Wright's longest catch? He also has the same amount of TD's rushing as Wright does in general. Look at the comparison like this:

Locker (5 GP): 1,047 yards passing (long 66), 8 TDs, 1 INT - 127 yards rushing (long 39), 1 TD
    Wright (7 GP): 433 yards receiving (long 32), 1 TD

I stand by what I said earlier, Locker is far and away our best offensive weapon, and perhaps player in general. I like Wright a whole lot, and think he is our WR with the most upside going forward, but this isn't even a comparison if Locker is included.

I think a better question is who is our best weapon of CJ, Wright, Nate, and other. I think it is CJ.

I think Damian Williams could step in and do a decent job. Far better job at replacing Wright than Fitz did (or would do) in his replacement of Locker.
  6. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $97

you are overthinking it

AP gives the Vikings a better chance to win than Freeman.

Now if AP was on the Packers, its a different story.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,417
    Ditto.
  7. RazorbackTitans Starter

Washington
    Moolah:
    $1,929

I guess there are always exceptions.. haha. Minnesota's QB sitch is truly piss poor
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,417
    Give him time and I bet he could.:D