Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Who is our best weapon on offense?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Oct 21, 2013.

?

Biggest weapon on offense

Chris Johnson 11 vote(s) 17.2%
Jake Locker 29 vote(s) 45.3%
Kendall Wright 22 vote(s) 34.4%
Nate Washington 2 vote(s) 3.1%
Other, please state 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. edward nigma Starter

Moolah:
    $741
    I think the question should have read: Who do teams that play us game plan to stop or who do our opponents fear the most on our offense? I feel that is the question and the answer is CJ. The offense is scattered with weapons, but they are not used properly.

Our greatest weapon is a rb that needs space to operate. Given the space, he can still create and be productive. I honestly don't believe we focus on execution in practice. I think we just add new plays each week, instead of focusing on what has worked and trying to perfect it. Ex. the cowboys of the 90's didn't have an extensive playbook. Their playbook was condensed so that they could focus on execution. They ran the same set of plays but it was effective because they practiced it day and night.
  2. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $97
    So, essentially, you just created a whole new question and ignored my request that 'potential' gets take out of it?
  3. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,148
    Kendall Wright hands down
  4. damersbrah Special Teams Standout

George
    Moolah:
    $401
    If anything, I think the people who voted for Wright are voting with potential in mind. He has the potential to be the best WR this franchise has had in a very long time, but his current level of production is below average. If the question is considered in the context of which player scares opposing teams most, and who do they spend most of the effort game-planning to stop, the answer is undoubtedly CJ.

CJ is still a much better offensive weapon than Wright. But neither are anywhere near as productive in this offense as Locker has been.
  5. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $97

See, I disagree that people voting for Wright are voting on potential. Wright has been consistent and keeps the chains moving. I honestly still get butterflies when Locker drops back.

I also disagree that teams go out of their way to game plan on CJ. He hasn't taken over a game in years.
  6. damersbrah Special Teams Standout

George
    Moolah:
    $401
    Well I don't consider BS factors like "getting butterflies" when watching a guy on the field. It just doesn't make sense in any method of evaluation.

If you don't think teams gameplan to stop CJ, you should be more attentive to defensive formations we face. The box is stacked week in a week out. It is no secret teams gameplan to stop the run and limit CJs opportunities in space. Opposing coaches and players explicitly say as much every week.

Compare these players and tell me who you think is the most productive:

A) 439 yards, 2 TDs, 20 first downs
    B) 437 yards, 1 TD, 21 first downs
    C) 533 yards, 2 TDs, 21 first downs
  7. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $97
    sure they do, and they probably spend just as much time game planning for Gore, Bernard, Ridley, and any other running back in the league.

I do, and they aren't

Where? and regardless, who cares? They are not going to say they didn't game plan for him.

No

these stats mean nothing without tape.
  8. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,445
    I voted Wright. Consistent, amazing catches, and makes plays. He can also take a lick or two.
    Dman high fives this.
  9. damersbrah Special Teams Standout

George
    Moolah:
    $401
    Yeah, stats don't mean anything, but "getting butterflies" in your tummy is a proven indicator. Good talk!
  10. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $97

You understand I was referencing consistency right?