Who is the next player to get benched??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Earlier in the year, Britt got benched but his benching was well deserved but yesterday has got me thinking a little bit more now in to this. Who is going to be benched next for performing well? Hunter was inactive and missed the game for violating team rules but no one knows why and the team did not say yet as far as I know what rule or rules he violated. At least with Vince, we all knew why he missed that pre season game, team was not shy about it either. Zack Brown pulled in first quarter, makes no sense to me. My next question. WHO IS NEXT?? o_O

2. Clayriddick

Clayriddick Special Teams Standout

Titans starting linebacker Zach Brown said he was pulled from Sunday’s loss in the first quarter and didn’t return to the field.

Titans coach Mike Munchak was asked after the game if Brown had been hurt during the contest.

“I don’t know that he got injured,” Munchak said. “They started playing some other linebackers and got in some other packages. During the game, I’m not quite sure how much he actually did play.”

This is one reason among many way he shouldn't be a coach

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If a player breaks a rule, he should be benched for the game. Performing well or not.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

This is not college. Fine him....take money out of his pocket. But given the way they have let Britt slide after all the crap he has been in the middle of....its hypocrisy to pull this on Hunter.

I love this quote: “They started playing some other linebackers..."

Reads like a HC who is putting distance between himself and his staff....

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

.....reads like an HC who hasn't got a freaking clue.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Probably Casey. He's been playing well lately and we can't have that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Wright will be the next one on offense to be benched.

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Someone explain to me how Brown was playing so well but still got benched. Anything, some sort of little fact, or hint of a fact about how well he has been playing.

Laserjock, players get benched for violating team rules. We dont know what that rule was that he broke, and yes it sucks that he wasnt on the field, but that was his fault.This site has been screaming for accountability and now that there is some (well, I should say another examples, players have been held accountable when we had the option to make a change), people are pissed about it.

As for Munch not knowing Browns snap count, Im not so sure why people are upset about that. Munch (for better or for worse) has put his faith in the coordinators to handle the offense and defense.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Its like I said in another thread, not having Hunter easily could have cost us this game. At this point, you owe it to the people watching the game to provide some entertainment.

You want to punish Hunter and Williams? Make them run all day until they puke, then run them some more. We weren't really playing for anything yesterday, you owe it to the fans.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think we're talking about different things. Brown got benched because he hasn't been playing well. Hunter has been playing well and was benched for violating a team rule.

I play my best players. Period. Hit Hunter's wallet but, anything less than a arrest should mean he's playing on Sunday.

Hunter is becoming a difference-maker. He very well could have given the Titans the edge to win yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar