Who likes M. Mariani

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aday25, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I can't believe there's actually a debate as to whether he'll make the team or not.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I agree Britt isn't a number one WR. I was just copying his list to make the Mariani changes.

Britt has his good and bad moments but it seems there are more bad than good

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Britt would do better with a QB that can get the ball there on time, watch videos of VY passing and the WR's usually have to turn around and wait a second before the ball gets there witch gives the defender enough time to swat the ball down or INT it. those balls need to be in their chest soon as they turn around. Watch Welker and Brady, welker usually doesnt even need to stop running, Brady leads him with the ball and thats why he gets yards after the catch. we are lucky to make the catch and really lucky to get yards after the catch. VY and the WR's need to trust each other, VY needs to throw the ball at their backs knowing they are about to turn around and grab it. they need to practice their routes like the Colts do. should be like clock work on the field. but it's a freaking tangled up mess.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

^Vince Young is starting in 2010, be happy.

This is his first season coming into the season as the "QB", and not some project with issues. He's come along way from the 2006 Vince Young. In time he'll learn the nuances like Brady has.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Depends on how you define #1. Britt is the only guy on the team with legit deep ability as well as the ability to go over the middle. We have no other WR who is a legit mismatch for one on one coverage and a guy who VY can look to for tough first downs (heck VY through the ball right through a defenders head on 4th down in the Zona game and it was Britt who made the game winning catch). Britt is also our best WR after the catch as well.
    The guy simply has to be on the field and he makes Washington that much better when he has to be accounted for. The kid still has some growing up to do but his physical ability is TO like.

6. lkeller

lkeller Camp Fodder

I am new to this forum (actually not new.....just haven't posted yet) and have followed the Titans for the past few years, and followed Mariani since he was a walk on at Montana. While Mariani (its pronounced like it's spelled by the way), was a monster at Montana, I was nervous with him moving to the NFL. It's a totally different game at this level, and takes quit a bit of adjustment. However in watching him overcome what he has, and proving all the nay sayers wrong.....I was also confident he would make the roster as a rookie. Not necessarily at the WR spot, but definitely as KR and PR. Marc was asked in an interview at Montana how and why he was so effective at what he did.....slipping tackles and finding holes on returns, his response was, "that's easy.....I don't like to get hit". Now that's impossible at this level, as there will always be someone gunning for him, and he will take big hits. If he can sustain the hits, and maybe bulk up a little without slowing down....he will in the end, be one of the premier return men and slot receivers in the league. Guaranteed. Everyone saw what he did last week when he was playing with Collins throwing the ball. 2 for 2. Simms is horrible and cannot look at the entire field. Let alone find Mariani.

In summary........he HAS to make the 53 man roster. He is leading the team in receiving yards, KR yards, and PR yards with less playing time then the starters, getting passes from 2nd and 3rd string QB's. If that doesn't say something, then nothing will.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Titans dont care what he has done in preseason, they will most likely stick with the WR's they have more time invested in. some people said Hawkins will be cut, but theres no way they gonna cut him with all that they have already taught him just to add a rookie who looked good in preseason.

They also have time in Edison and they think D. Williams has a lot of upside. it will be between Paul Williams,Mark and D.Williams. and im not sure how they will lean.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all there is no way in hades P. Williams makes the team and no way in hades D. Williams does not. If Mariani doesn't make the team we really have no legit return guy. His position was solidified both by his good play and returns and D. Williams looking like he is returning with a cast on his leg. I think D. Williams will make a decent WR but he simply has no wiggle of explosiveness on returns.

I agree they probably won't cut Hawkins but although I have been high on him I just don't see much improvement getting open and making plays as a WR. Sure that was pretty impressive on the end around but Mariani can run that play just as well. Mariani might have more upside considering his showing even though he played against lesser competition in college. IMO Mariani looks legit and a keeper.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. lkeller

lkeller Camp Fodder

They don't care????? Maybe they should.....

10. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Bro, dont worry...There is no way in hell he doesnt make the team..For crying out loud Drew Bennett freakin played football on this team, so did that ijit who left us for the jets and then came back with Dinger...for crying out loud losers like Donnie Nickey and some guy called Kavvavsvseshivnii (sp) were on this team..

There is no way in hell Marianni wont make the final 53...

And this coming from a guy who never thought he would amount to anything..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar