who makes it first

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by griff33daddy, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

It depends on what we do in our offseason. We need to do five things in order to go to the next level and compete in the playoffs:

1. Fix the running game
    2. Find a starting Safety
    3. Add more talent to our front seven
    4. Stop shooting ourselves with dumb penalties
    5. Clean up the fundamentals (Don't drop pass, wrap up tackles, etc.)

If we do those five things we are going to be a hard team to beat.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That's a lot to ask for.

I expect improvement one way or another. I'm hoping for 10-6 or 11-5.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Neither will probably make it next year (I'm starting to think we have too many holes to fill to fix them all this off-season. We're still in rebuild mode next year, that packed with a tough schedule, I see us at 8-9 wins again). God I hope I'm wrong.

But the Titans will make it the following year. 49ers are great, they won't fall off anytime soon as long as Harbaugh remains. Also unlikely Rams ever compete for a wild card spot.

4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

how can you say a hard schedule when this years playoffs arent even done with yet? everyone thought the jets and eagles would make the playoffs this year too but look what happened....

it is ignorant to say that we have a hard schedule next year already and we will only win 8 or 9 games

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I actually said the Eagles would either miss or go one and done. Wasn't too surprised.

I was, however, surprised with the Jets sucking so much.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Look at Fisher's willingness to add real talent, he doesn't sign free agents that help. He got us Kevin Carter who stunk after 1 year, got Eric Moulds who sucked, David Givens sucked, Chris Hope eventually sucked, Nick Harper also turned out to be crap after a year. The guy is just terrible at evaluating talent. Kerry Collins, need I say more..... He even found a way to erase Randy Moss from the NFL. And when you peek back at his drafts, he picks no one that lasts long.
    The AFC is normally far better than the NFC, and as for the Niners sticking around for years, IMO not happening. I say they stick around 9-7, 10-6 quality for a good while, but no more 13-3 years after this one. Alex Smith better make the most of his chance now cause next year he's getting exposed.
    I think even with a crippled Hasselbeck, QB isn't an area of concern. Regardless of which QB starts, we at least know we have capable leader back under center..

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I could not care less how Fisher does in St. Louis. They aren't even in our conference.

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

My guess is that, despite what others are saying about the schedule (looking at the schedule at this point IMO is pretty presumptious....too much can happen between now and then), Fisher will get the Rams to around 7-8 wins next season (he is good at making bad teams average relatively quickly).

For us, we need to have a draft this year that is similar to last year's draft....need to go O line early and more than once IMO. Assuming we do that, I think that we can improve from last season....maybe 10-11 wins. Based on that, I guess I am saying we see postseason first.

I look forward to seeing how Munch and the staff handle postseason....I already know how Fisher handles it.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

That's exactly why I say Fisher is better. Munchak is still learning the game from a head coaching level. Fisher is way more comfortable at that position and im assuming they will both be using the same/similar systems. Fisher's had a lot of time to master it and get a routine going..

Next season we'll have to do with the sudden juggernaught Texans, Peyton Manning, and a new look Jags. I don't see us making the playoffs next season at this point. I think the Rams could though.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think this offseason will be THE defining moment in determining if we can expect a Super Bowl appearance in the next...well, until Bud Adams dies.

Fix the defense (front 4/secondary) and the O-line and we are a great team. All can be done through the draft AND through free agency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar