Who Said Vince Young Couldn't Throw?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He's making decisions faster. I think a lot of this was learned while sitting last season.

He's putting balls into locations instead of waiting for separation. That's the most significant thing I've seen the last couple of weeks. Yard after the catch was a big reason for the success of that final drive.

Maturity impacts attitude, work ethics, etc. Young acted like a prima donna and a season on the bench appears to have humbled him. I also think the death of McNair had a big influence.

This Sunday will give us a better indication of where Young is because the Titans offense is going to have to play ball-control in order to keep Manning off the field. Vince will have to "manage the game". It'll be a challenge but he's had success there before.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm thrilled Vince is investing in Kenny. If Vince is unable to connect with Kenny then maybe the Titans are looking for someone who can. They drafted Kenny for Kerry, not for Vince. Thrilled to see him clicking with the youngster. And I'd just like to say this about his throwing motion. At 6'5" you can throw side arm. The ball is still going to clear defenders under 6'8". People make waaaay too much of his throwing motion.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Once again... Whether its VY or KFC, neither guy will beat the upper tier teams in the NFL. How can we ever go deep in the playoffs that way?
    With that said, what's the purpose of mortgaging the future on Young?

4. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

Didn't take you long to come out huh? So who is this golden Qb that is in our future show me were he is. You guys act like franchise Qb come out every year look at the Sanchize and Flacco now Not looking like future pro bowlers huh?

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

VY did provide some excitement this year. I think they should still draft a QB in the first 3-4 rds. and make it a competition, or do a 2 QB system.

But there's always a "That can't work in the NFL" attitude about things. They said it about the option, about shotgun, spread offenses, about the wildcat. Most of those have been proven wrong, if you have the right personnel.

It'll be interesting to see what VY is worth to mgmt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar