Who should be the #2 CB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

With the second starter still not named, who do we think should be the guy opposite JMac?

I myself am somewhat torn. I've been a supporter of Verner since he stepped on the scene and love his instincts, awareness, and toughness. The big strike against him for me is that he is too short, a bit too slow and simply doesn't have the physical makeup Campbell does. I know he was going up against a much bigger, stronger, faster WR in Jones but he was straight up dominated. Add to the fact that Campbell did very well and held his own.

I know that there will be some growing pains for TC and I love Verner but I now feel that Campbell deserves a shot. It could be a big risk but it could also end up being the best move to make at the spot. The way I'm now seeing it is that there's only one way to find out. Verner has played well and has proven that he can play in this league but we also know what we're getting in him. A good CB. TC might have it in him to be a great CB and I think it's time to let us find out. If he busts and it's too much for him we can go back to Verner or move on from both of them completely.

What say you?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

ATV has shown more IMO, he should be the No.2 CB

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

ATV probably wins it but I kinda want to see what TC can do if we really are going to press more.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I like Verner, I'm just leaning more toward throwing TC into the fire and seeing what he can do. Not just in matchups against bigger WRs.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I want to see Campbell start this next game, see what we really have in him. I think if he was just allowed to go out there and work thru some things he'd be really good.

We know what ATV offers, but TC needs every rep he can get.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

In some of the cut ups I do for the last game you could really see how Campbell stoned his wr and most TE times that was jones. Dude was very aggressive. Hopefully we can stick him on the X and make them beat him on short come backs and cuts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Campbell hands down. I love ATV, the dude is a playmaker. Keep him on the field as our Nickle-back.

I don't want to watch another year of ATV getting blown past by larger, faster outside WRs. He needs to cover slot receivers and tight ends. That's his role. The sooner we get Campbell and BWW getting used to playing outside, the sooner one of them will become a true starting outside CB.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

If Campbell is our CB2 I think we're in trouble

10. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

We don't have any true starting CBs except for McCourty. ATV is a slot guy, Campbell, BWW, and Sensabaugh are projects.

We have too many needs to draft CB early next year, so our best bet is to try to develop either Campbell or BWW.

I hate to say it, but if this year goes badly, we might be looking at holes at: QB, WR, MLB, DE, CB, and FS. I don't think we can afford to take a CB high in the draft next year. So we gotta work with what we got.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar