Who should I keep?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by rward16, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rward16

rward16 Practice Squad

Here's another scenario. I'm still looking at keeping Mike Wallace and Gregg Jennings for sure and then either Peyton or Matt Ryan for my 3rd. However, I noticed that if you opt out of keeping all 3 players, you get to pick from who is available in that round. So, if everyone but myself kept all 3 players< I would start with 2 and essentially have the 1st and 4th picks in my draft. Better to keep 2 and get the draft pick or keep Peyton as well?

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

mike wallace? isn't he holding out right now and probably will get traded?

3. pettso

pettso Starter

The only reasonable choices are:
    Rivers, Jones and CJ.

Rivers and Jones are your safest picks, CJ is more of a high risk high reward pick. Anyone that keeps Manning this year is asking to get burned IMO. The risk there is not worth the reward at all, even in Indy, Manning wasn't a top 3 fantasy QB.

As for the original poster, stay away from Britt (especially with the new updates). I'd rank them (in order):

Jennings,
    Wallace,
    Mendenhall,
    Ryan

4. Titanfan93

Titanfan93 Camp Fodder

I would definitely keep jennings. He's going to be productive as long as rodgers is slinging the ball and he stays healthy. Very consistent and reliable. Your rb's are all big boom or bust type players so i wouldnt feel too comfortable there. I would probably keep wallace and peyton for the other two

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I decided to go with Rivers and CJ. I'm worried about CJ again this year... but I look at it this way. My first keep is Rivers, i.e my 1st round pick. CJ is my 2nd keeper, i.e my 2nd round pick, if CJ was available in the 2nd round, i'd totally take him. Peyton worries me, he screwed me last year. IDK so confusing.

6. pettso

pettso Starter

I actually need some opinions of my own now... I need to keep 4.

Gronk [Keeping for sure]
    Andre Johnson [Keeipng for sure]
    Mike Wallace
    Reggie Bush
    Brandon Marshall
    Kevin Smith
    Stevan Ridley
    Roy Helu
    Andy Dalton

Doubt I'll keep Dalton, it's a 12 person league with at least a few decent QBs available for pickings in the first 3 rounds. I have them stack ranked in the order I'm considering them right now, so teh cut-off would be after Reggie Bush.

Thoughts?

7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Glass Crotch is such a high risk high rewards player..... definitely keep Marshall... I have a feeling Cutler's going to be throwing to him a lot... Bush wont repeat last year... Wallace says he's coming back but who knows with the squeelers offense... Smith is concussion prone... Ridley is a very deep sleeper... Helu is starting for a rookie QB and there are QBs that are better than Dalton (though an offseason with AJ Green might make him a lot better than he seems..)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar