Who Survives The Defensive Transition?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I really like the fact that Brown, Ayers, and Morgan are all going to have to prove that they deserve to start. Also with the number of DL that we have their should be great competition for those starting spots as well. Will be fun to see how the front 7 comes together.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree 100% but these are high draft picks and it is the job of the D-coordinator and coaching staff to motivate and find ways to use these guys. Morgan has been our 2nd best front 7 guy so if our system can't accommodate his talents i blame the system. Ayers should do better in a hybrid system and healthy ankle. Not sure about Brown who might just be a nickel coverage guy.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I have no doubt that Morgan will have some role in the new hybrid 3-4 system. I'm not so sure that he will be an every down starter. So if he isn't a starter, I think you have to consider the option of trading him to a 4-3 team where he has shown to be a solid LDE. I hope that Morgan can be a key cog in the new defense. I wouldn't trade him now. I would give him all of training camp/preseason to show his stuff. But if he isn't an every down player and a 4-3 team has an injury bug early in the season and needs a starter then I would seriously consider moving him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar