Who thinks Lendale Is Fat

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

2. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

hahaha funny wat a little computer animation will do you now-a-days..

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That's what the report says. 9lbs in 2 weeks, not 1 but 2.

Only the last part of that sentence is true. The stipulation for losing 9lbs in 2 weeks is that you do have some excess weight and you're not following a proper excercise plan already. However you don't have to be obese (unless you're refering strictly to BMI which is way out in left field when talking about athletes), even if you're only 25-30lbs overweight you can shed the first 10 in 2 weeks of proper training and dieting.

I can understand that, if everybody thinks like you do. However proper physical excercise every day and a complimentary diet plan and there's no problem in shedding 10lbs in 2 weeks. I personally shed around 12-15lbs in the last 3-4 weeks of our offseason to get ready for the preseason program and I don't work out at the level that Lendale (hopefully) is likely to.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vigsted...

"even if you're only 25-30lbs overweight you can shed the first 10 in 2 weeks of proper training and dieting."

So what about this is so hard? 25-30 lbs overweight(meaning over ideal playing weight) is quite a bit for a professional football player. 25 lbs overweight for lendale means 265 or so which is out of shape for playing which is the point. He was not in the best shape when he started. Fortunately we are not even close to the season opener.

All that said kami is right. Lendale doesn't have to perform for real for another 4 1/2 months. A boxer can reach top physical condition with about 3 months of hard training. Lendale has plenty of time to take the weight off and reach his peak level of performance. I would just rather he lose his weight more gradually.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think you missed the point RollTide. I'm not arguing whether Lendale was overweight or not. All I'm saying is that losing 10lbs in 2 weeks isn't that difficult if you are overweight and follow a proper workout and diet plan.

Also note that there's a difference between shedding weight and getting physically fit. Getting his weight down (if he's overweight) is only a step on the road to getting fit for the season.
    There are a lot of people in this world who are at their ideal weight, but are not physically fit (and certainly not for football).

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

brady quinn is 5%, and why wouldnt you wanna turn body fat into muscle?

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You can not turn fat into muscle. That statement gets used way to much. You can burn fat and build muscle at the same time but our body does not have some magical enzyme that changes fat into muscle.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

its easier to turn fat into muscle then build muscle from nothing.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

:rant:

Not at all. Fat is stored and harder to access then a good diet and exercise. And again fat can not be turned into muscle, please stop saying that!

You burn fat as a second wind or long term energy first burning off carbs and sugars that you have ingested in the day. It is 1000% better to eat a healthy diet and burn it before it gets turned to fat then allow it to turn to fat and then burn it off through exercise later.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

so your saying if someone had 0% body fat, and they were essentially skin and bones they could put on 50-60 pounds of muscle as easy as you and i?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar