Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Who Wants Johnny Manziel?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewHorizans, May 2, 2013.

?

If Titans stink again, what would you do?

Tank for Top Pick? 9 vote(s) 22.0%
Play season as normal and fix QB elsewhere? 32 vote(s) 78.0%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 15 users.
    • Tip Jar Donor

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $133
    There was an article today about Johnny Manziel on ESPN. He could easily be the top overall or at least the top 5 pick next year if he come out for 2014 Draft. Clearly has way more talent than Locker. So I want to know of everyone on here. If the Titans are 1-6 or 0-7 at the Bye week all because of Locker. (this would include loses to terrible teams like Jets, Chargers, and Chiefs). Should the Titans tank the rest of the reason like the Colts did, and guarantee we are high enough to grab Manziel. Otherwise, if we end up 8-8 or 7-9 again. We would have to give up the entire draft and probably 2015 1st round like the Skins did to get RGIII in order to trade up for Manziel.
  1. Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

McNair
    Moolah:
    $9,258
  2. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,146
  3. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,146
    A) The Colts didn't tank the season
    B) Johnny Manziel would be the 3rd best QB in this draft class at best.
    C) Johnny Manziel is not as good of a prospect as RG3. In fact, Russel Wilson was a better prospect then Manziel is.
    Fry and The Hammer high five this.
  4. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,047
    The season has not even started yet and we already have people taking about trying to lose games to get some pie in the sky kid.

[IMG]
    cdubbs2121, Alzarius and Fry high five this.
  5. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,436
    Are we really asking this question right now?
    RollTide, Fry, xpmar9x and 1 other person high five this.
  6. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,165
    [IMG]
  7. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,511
    He could pull a USC kid move and end up being a 4th round pick. I've had it with the ultra mobile QBs. It causes them to depend on that instead of getting the ball out quickly, and it shows. That's a big part of lockers problem.
  8. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,146
    When I watch Manziel his lack of arm strength is apparent and to adjust to this he has to anticipate when his receivers will get open. In the NFL these windows will be smaller and the defenders will be able to close them a lot faster. People will point to Drew Brees and say that he can succeed but I'd say his arm strength is closer to Ponder's the Brees'.

My QB rankings would go:
    1) Teddy Bridgewater
    2) AJ Mccaaron (very slightly)
    3) Tajh Boyd
    4) Johnny Manziel (I however view him more as a 2015 prospect as I don't like listing anyone under their Junior year)
    5) Aaron Murray
  9. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,146
    I disagree. I believe Locker's issues are mostly mechanical problems (specifically his footwork) which are caused by bad habits he picked up at Washington. Locker was injured this season and when he came back the OL was mostly in shambles and they started to give a good amount of pressure up the middle. This caused Locker's footwork to regress and caused his inaccuracy.

If Locker wants to progress he needs to break those bad habits and stop letting his footwork become sloppy once he is under pressure. Our new look offensive line will help a lot in the regard.