Who Wants Johnny Manziel?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewHorizans, May 2, 2013.

?
  1. Tank for Top Pick?

21.4%
  2. Play season as normal and fix QB elsewhere?

78.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Based on what we have seen so far, Johnny is going to be a huge gamble for whatever team decides to pick him up. He could be the next Ryan Leaf

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Probably because Bridgewater actually plays in a pocket passing offense the has helped him gain skills that NFL QB's need... like throwing the football... in the pocket.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Seriously though, no one sees the similarities in the way Manziel runs and the Greased Up Deaf Guy?

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

YOUR MOM

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So every pocket passer is worth a top 10 pick then?

Might want to dig a little deeper on that one.

The point is that Bridgewater is not the perfect prospect either.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm willing to cut Manziel a little slack on the maturity thing because success came at him so fast at such a young age. Let's see how he handles the rest of the season and the draft process.

This was only a 3* recruit that rivals had rated as the 14th best all purpose QB in high school. Nobody expected him to start as a red shirt freshman much less win the Heisman. Doesn't excuse stupidity or bad sportsmanship but he is very young.

Let's see how he handles himself from here on out. When he gets to Indy teams get to talk to him and see how he handles the situation. Does he handle it well like Cam Newton did or is he a moron?

As a player on the field there is none better.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Seems like some people were asleep last season. Wasn't that the year of the mobile athletic QB? Young rookies and first year starters like Kaepernick, Wilson and Griffen?

Reading some of the posts i feel like i have ported back to 1985.

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

No not every pocket passer is a top ten pick but almost every player with Bridgewater's athleticism, accuracy, and ability are top ten picks. You are right though Bridgewater does need to put on about 10-15 pounds of healthy weight when he gets into the NFL.

Manziel reminds me to much of Vince Young for me to be okay with us drafting him and honestly I am not impressed with the majority of his throws. Even against Alabama the majority of his completions were to wide open player on WR screens and busted plays where he had to use his legs until a WR (usually Mike Evans) came back to the football. In fact the only play that stands out where Manziel had to make an NFL throw into coverage was his pick which was sailed over his receivers head in the endzone.

Manziel will be a top ten pick but he is not an NFL QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I have refused to answer that poll. Just wondering. Has anyone said we should tank the season? Already?

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Five people. I'm not one of them.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar