Who Will Be Defensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Gregg Williams is my boy, he woulda had that D in attack mode. Not too sure bout all that 3/4 crap. Casey aint no nose tackle and this team better not go soft. Other than that I'm cool.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Count me as one of those people... and I considered him one of my top 5 choices this year as well.

Would be amazing to have him on the staff as well, but as said earlier we can't rely on him to be around very long. He's very close to becoming a HC.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I want a DC people want as a HC! We need the best staff possible, I promise you horton will do one thing that greg williams did not ( I am a huge williams fan!) and that is not let random runningbacks run the ball down our throat!

4. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

I am not sure who it will be but the DC hire is key to all this working!

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Gonna be ray horton or I will be floored, it is all over sirius radio and info on pro football talk too

6. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

I don't want Lebeaus protege. While Pittsburgh s defenses were statistically good they are very gimmicky and get exposed by veteran QBs. Give me someone else plz

7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Why? Not a rhetorical question, I really want to know why everyone is so high on him.

9. JimmyTitan

JimmyTitan Starter

Gregg Williams should stay put and would be the wisest move on part of what he has already built with the current defensive players, especially Pollard who just may stick around if Williams is retained. The single most important aspect of winning in the NFL starts with building that belief amongst the players inside the locker room, believing they can "always" finish games that they are in full control of for almost four quarters, and Gregg Williams was the closes Titans coach that has started to instill that within each and every one of them, especially in Week 16 & 17.

Most every player, like Rex Ryan's Jets, appreciates what Williams brings to the table and the atmosphere he created.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Well maybe I'm just biased. I root for the bills(more so before the Titans came here), and when he coached the Bills he was the absolute worst. Who the hell sits Flutie in favor of Slawb Johnson? In the playoffs at that.

It doesn't help that he's coached two of my least favorite teams since then(Texans, Cowgirls).

Screw this guy. I don't give a damn what the numbers say.

Something funny to me... no, his number don't look bad overall, but if you notice, after his 3rd season or so, his defenses go to ****. I mean take a look.

Atlanta was ranked 19th and 8th in yards and points. His final season they were ranked 32nd and 30th.

Dallas, ranked 9th and 13th after his first season. By the end of his tenure, ranked 23rd and 31st.

Houston, ranked 2nd and 4th after 1st season. Ranked 7th and 24th after this year.

The best 34 DC in the NFL sure knows how to keep a good thing going huh?

The main reason I don't want him though: 66 years old, and been unhealthy fat for a long time. Dudes gonna croak before he even gets a chance to ruin our defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar