Who Would Be the Dream Head Coach for the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CKTitan, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

What about Heimerdinger? Of course, the guy has no record as a head coach, but think about some of the positives he could bring to HC. He doesn't coddle players. I have a hard time believing he would handcuff a defense the way Fisher handcuffs our offenses. While he's not the dream coach, and though I'm miffed at but overall satisfied with Fisher, I wouldn't mind seeing Heimerdinger as Fisher's eventual successor.

2. Luv_PonyExpress

Luv_PonyExpress Starter

As I said, it wouldn't surprise me at all. I don't think the Titans are actually as bad as they've been playing, for one thing. They've obviously lost a couple of key contributors from last year's AFC South champs. And while those who take their positions over usually can't fill the shoes, there are other ways to pick up most of the slack. But those transitions take time and experimentation.

Fisher's teams always play well against us, regardless of records. He knows better than any coach in the league how to play the Manning-era Colts.

And I think the Colts -- especially the younger guys (not just Garcon, Brown, and Collie...but a lot of our defensive backfield) -- are in real danger of believing their own press, not to mention the Titans' press.

So, yeah, I think there's a strong chance that Tennessee will notch its first victory on Sunday. Tennessee's due for a win -- and, frankly, we're due for a loss.

3. Luv_PonyExpress

Luv_PonyExpress Starter

Looks like Bobby Bowden's about to be available.

:)

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Currently, I'd take Rex Ryan with Brian Schottenheimer/Mike Shanahan/Mike Martz running the Offense.

Of course Belicheck. Bill Parcells...

If they cleaned house and who COULD we get?

Offense
    Martz
    Shanahan
    Schottenheimer

Defense
    Dick Lebeau
    Jets current DC
    Gregg Williams

Personally, I don't think it's one guy, but two guys. You need a head coach who will coach up one unit and have him bring in a kick butt guy for the other. The Jets wouldn't be doing nearly as well if not for Brian Schottenheimer who wants to be a head coach. I can see Cohwer going to Carolina so forget him. Dallas will either take Shanahan or Jason Garrett...figure MS.

Depending on how the Jets do the rest of the way, I could see us bringing in a Brian Schottenheimer to be HC and run the offense and then have him try to steal the Jets DC...especially if we rebuild the D into a 3-4 and want to bring along a rookie/young QB.

Historically, Parcells, Lombardi and Belicheck would be at the top or near the top of any historical list.

Gut

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Historically, has no one mentioned Bill Walsh? That would be my choice.

6. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Belichick is Satan!

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Head Coach- Jeff Fisher
    Offensive Cord - Mike Shanahan
    Defensive Cord- Bill Cowher

Can't beat that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar