Who would have thought....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Before the season started, I could only hope for a .500 record. I honestly did not think it would happen after we lost the first 4. I went from being at an all time low, watching Kerry Collins do nothing for our team, to right now having enough confidence in the WHOLE team to face anyone in the league and not only be competive, but win.

Winning is all relative. People can say, oh your defense did it, the other team had a bad day, VY won it, or even that we were lucky. Well, I do not care what the reason is each week, but we find a way to win. That gives me joy beyond belief. Each week, people critize us, ridicule our team, our players, and even us for being fans. Well each week more and more people seem to be giving us respect, for the play of OUR team.

I say WE, OURS, US, because that is what we are..the team. Not just the team on the field, but when it comes to football they are nothing without us, as we are nothing without them. We feed off each other.

Regardless of how this last game goes, and regardless if we make the playoffs or not, I am proud of our boys. I believe VY will cause our fanbase to grow and grow, and I am a firm believer that we are going to aquire some good free agents, because they are going to want to play with VY. I believe like some other people have been saying, he may be changing the way the QB position is played.

Before the season started I was a little skeptic of what VY could do. I trusted in the people who drafted him that they knew what they were doing and I was right. He is everything that we can hope for in a QB and more.

We are on the verge of being GREAT. Not just good, but GREAT. Look at what we did, with what we did it with. Imagine when we add a few quality players what we are going to be able to do.

The only regret I have, is that we did not start VY from the beginning. Who knows, it might not have ended as good as we have, but it might be better. Who knows....

Well, sorry for my long post, rant, ect. I just wanted to get this out of my head and out there for everyone. Throw stones if ya want, but this is what I think.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You should be...:grrhee:

Nah good post, I completely agree 100%

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's pretty great isn't it.

My favourite win 'so far' has been against the Jags. It showed there's more to our resurgence than VY.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

no, great post man... too many tiny short posts anyways

:werd: :werd:

I'm afraid Vince didn't know enough to be effective weeks 1-3. There's a system to run too. As much as I hated watching Collins lose I think everything was done right. We have a smart non-injured qb. Just winning 8 games is a huge plus. This season has been a success.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Yup, it has been a success. My fav win was against the colts. I was at a sports bar with a few buddies, and when we made that field goal, every one went nuts.

6. I agree. I don't think the team, much less Vince, was ready for him to start any earlier than he did. Next year, regardless of whether or not we get into the playoffs, is going to hopefully be a good and exciting one.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

You could be right. I am sure there was some strategy to VY getting in when he did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar