Who would you cut to get to 53?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i hate him... he makes our team worse

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

GLinks, i liked your list, but then you showed to me that the list had no intelligence at all, why would we sign Bryan Scott just to cut him? you have to think those things out...

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Players are signed in the offseason and then cut before the season all the time. Scott, Gage....they are very cuttable.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i would highly doubt any of them get cut, especially since the help we need at those 2 positions are ENORMOUS..

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

If Scott doesn't win a starting spot, and isn't that great at ST's, he's easily cut. I really don't think Gage is a starter, or much of a ST's guy. He's probably going to face Roby/Williams/Williams/Orr/Davis/Filani who should be fighting for 4-5 spots (assuming we keep 6-7 WR's).

We have a lot of depth to fight for at S and WR, and these two guys don't look like they have a big upperhand over the rest of the competition. Just because we have a big need at those two positions doesn't mean these two guys will be making a big impact there.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

The only recievers I keep are P Williams, R Williams, C Roby, D Givens and B Jones J Orr

The others have no potential, the ones I listed do

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I think scott will start as safty oppoiste hope...at least till pac comes back...we'll c where things go from there ...most prob he will be moved to backup safty (if griffen plays good) and will take over a spot on ST.

the only reason i'd cut lamont is only if he's takin up a lot of cap room..otherwise ...leave him...its not a bad thing to hv an expiernced player who is an adequite back up

(plus we need experience...its the one thing we dont hv)

however, in light of all the new WRs we picked up we might not keep him unless he serously wows in camp or can play ST effectivly..one of those two things will hv to be true......i mean to think about our WRs ...we hv a lot....

Givens
    Jones
    Roby
    Williams
    Orr
    Williams
    Davis
    Filani

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

See Bobo's post below yours.

All these FAs who get signed to contracts with little or no guaranteed money or signing bonuses are subject to being cut at any point if they don't stick because the team loses little or no money by doing so. In this boat: Scott and Gage, and I would venture Seth Wand and Tony Brown.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Thats crazy. IMO Davis and Filani will both make the team. No way we simply cut a 4th rounder and Filani might have as much or more potential than any of them IMO.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm reluctant to cut any WRs given we have little vet experience there. I guess whoever can't cut it gets cut. As previously pointed out, Gage probably brings nothing to ST. If we add a vet, he may be the first to go. I usually put Courtney and Roydell about even, but CRoby contributes more to special teams. Of the rookies, I'd say Filani is the most on-the-bubble due to draft position and the fact that to start, he'd be considered the last of the possession receivers. But then again, I have a feeling he will perform well, and if so, I think he could cost Roydell or Gage their roster spot.

Basically, though, we'll just see who sucks come camp time.

Offhand, I would cut Gage in favor of Keyshawn or JMac.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar