Who's excited for Man of Steel?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by GeronimoJackson, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

it wasn't THAT good. i think DC has a LONG way to go to catch marvel. it was good but virtually no tie-ins, and i honestly missed the old theme song.

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

I think I'm to young to really enjoy or care about the old Superman movies.

The character is way better and deeper than those cheese ball flicks from the 70's...

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I've never like Superman as a character and thus never was assed to watch a movie based on him.. but I went and saw this, was good, didn't spend 7 hours on backstory. Fight scenes were awesome, loved that ninja chick :p

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://blip.tv/redlettermedia/episode-6605916

I usually agree with these guys. Sounds like this movie wasn't very much like typical Superman.

Sounds like he wasn't very super at all and was partially responsible for 100s of thousands of dead lives. Yay superman.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

Superman ≠ The cheesy crap movies from the 70's.

The comic character is much better and yes Metropolis is leveled about once a month.

It appears that many who grew up with the old movies did not like the new movie and in their defense Superman was a much different character in the 60's and 70's than he is now.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I really enjoyed it. Batman Begins I thought was a solid movie, this kind of reminds me of it. Just setting it up for bigger and better stories.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So in the end of the movie doesn't Superman destroy a spy system so that the governments of the planet can't watch him? No one has a problem with that?

So they sent Superman to earth so he would be a savior and defender of the planet? Wasn't the planet attacked for the sole reason that Superman was on it? Hmmmm...

Is there a scene where Superman himself destroys parts of Metropolis (costing lives) in order to get to the big bad guy?

But at least he saved Louis Lane even if hundreds of thousands died?? Yay superman.

Sounds to me like he should be considered a planetary criminal.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

oh, get the stick out of your ass. lol.

The guy was trying to destroy THE EARTH. LEVEL IT.

Superman clearly sent Zod flying through VACANT buildings. Did you see him smash through humans all that often? I'd imagine that people fled pretty real fast once cars started flying then slamming to the ground.

If someone accidentally leveled one city to save HUMANITY, not to mention THE ENTIRE PLANET.. I would assume that person would be a hero. Hell, we PURPOSELY A-bombed two Japanese civilian cities to end a war, and a lot of the world thinks we're heroes for it..

And it's not like he could just lure Zod into the desert when he's purposely trying to destroy the city.

Unlike the Avengers, who have a massive alien attack and only a few buildings get hurt..this is what a real alien threat would do to a city.

I was pleasantly surprised by the film. I had never seen the original 70s ones, so I had nothing to be a prickly fanboy about besides the Lois and Clark TV show and video games I played.

And yes, there's always the argument that it was Superman's fault that Zod found us.. but if Zod had found us without superman, we would have been crispy.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar