Who's next

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, Nov 10, 2013.

1. 520

520 Starter

cool give the year to locker let him get injured after 2 weeks and play fitzerception and go 2-14 and draft famous jameis...jus cuz I like saying famous jameis
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

It takes a lot of guys 4-5 years to really get it. Drew Brees wasnt anybody before year 5. Matt Schuab, Tony Romo, etc... Not everyone lands on a good team their rookie year.

I have no doubt that in another year that Jake will be playing great football, the real question is how long can he sustain it.... Injuries suck.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Dman

Dman Starter

those guys you mentioned never really got injured like jake and they don't overthrow the ball like jake does. That was his criticism coming out of college as far as I know. He has not fixed that problem and that throw into triple coverage!!! What was he thinking there, he played poorly before getting hurt.
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

At this pace it'll take another 4 years to get him 20 games..
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. ropy0386

ropy0386 Camp Fodder

rumors of roethlisberger wanting out - would trade locker for him in a heartbeat...can you imagine his mobility, durability and accuracy with our receiving core? I believe our offense, primarily from the QB position is killing us -
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

I'd be down but no way it happens. Roeth may be getting up there in years but it's still not even remotely a fair deal. Fans tend to overvalue players on their own team. To the Steelers, and the rest of the league, Jake Locker is simply an injury-prone QB that is as inconsistent as they come.
  7. ropy0386

ropy0386 Camp Fodder

Fine, then give up jake locker and a 3rd! I don't care! All we really really need is a winning accurate QB and a new head coach
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

about time.

[​IMG]

sometimes it sucks to be right.
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

The guy just isn't built to play 17 weeks of football, and I totally ignored that hoping he was the right fit for us. I think the fact he reminds me of me in many aspects blurred my vision. But Im not done with him, he's very easy to keep around next year or whenever he returns from this injury. His salary is very cap friendly, and since we already know Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't worth a crap, perhaps its best to challenge Locker with another QB, maybe even having Jake take a seat as the back-up if the next guy in is anymore rigid/durable..

Unlike our last few back-up QB's, Jake Locker has always provided a spark off the bench. I know you normally dont draft your next franchise QB and keep the current guy, but I cant imagine Jake Locker becoming a problem if he loses his job to a rookie next year. He's a lot like Alex Smith in that way. In fact, just look at Alex Smiths situation, it's almost the same story if we end up drafting a QB high next April.
  10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

I love Jake. You couldn't ask for a better leader, with a great attitude and work ethic. He's shown he can play but what he hasn't shown is that he can stay healthy, and you need dependability/durability at the QB position and he just hasn't shown he can stay healthy and that makes me sad.

I think the odds are very good that we draft a QB if we have a new coach. Man, Tahj Boyd would be AMAZING in two tone blue. He could step right in and play from day one. He reminds me of a cross between McNair and McNabb.