Who's ready for an aggressive D?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2toneblue77, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2toneblue77

2toneblue77 Guest

Watching the Steelers/Broncos game this past weekend really made me miss the Titans of 99/00. I could really care less about putting up 30+ points in a game as long as we put the smack down on opponents. I'm ready for Fisherball again. I think the team lost the "eye of the tiger" after the 03 season...not having an identity seemed to be a topic last season. The Titans need to regain the fire they have lost, Offenses use to dread stepping on the field against us. Personally i think this starts with a new DC and a smashmouth defensive player (A.J. Hawk). Just curious what ya'lls opinions are on the quickest way for us to become a defensive force again.

2. dman050586

dman050586 Starter

in the perfect world i want AJ hawk. he is a monster. kassel is not even .01 of what he is. and he is only a rookie! but i know we wont get him since we r going to get a shot at either young, bush, leinert and i dont think we pass on either 3. and to tell u the truth i wouldnt b surprised if we pass on leniert ( pending young and bush r out ) and we trade down and draft the cutler kid who everyone says is the best

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Something must be wrong with my television. Because you know, coach fisher and swartzie have told me you can't blitz any at all, must less the way "my tv" showed pittsburgh playing and live to tell about it, I mean Peyton, and any other NFL QB will kill you if you blitz right? So anyways I am wondering what the real score was because no way my tv was showing the "real" game. Bring back the 46 in 06.:grrr: :grrr:

4. maximus

maximus Starter

I dont think anybody on this board is going to deny that they are ready for an agressive d. However, will we get back to the 99-2000 days-probably not because Jimmy doesnt blitz(if you play with fire, you get burned)

5. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

Our defense is at its worse by far with the run. We allowed way too many teams rush over 100 yards against us which really goes against our defensive gameplan of stopping the run. I would love to see the D come back next year and not allow any 100 yard rushers all year. We could have a chance for the playoffs then.

6. I think defensive problems lay on a basis that the team did not play fired up, we have a pretty good defensive line, if Reese can get help at LB and a hard hitting safety, I think this year we can improve on D, and that's the key to a succesful team

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The key is having LBs and Ss that are versatile enough to play the run, rush the passer and cover. Except for Bulluck our Ss and LBs couldn't do any of the above.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Ready, willing, and able. 46, 56, 76, whatever it takes. I'm ready to blitz the donald duck out all opposing defenses. I believe it works. I think there are very few qb's who prefer teams that blitz over non blitzing teams. Nobody likes to think that fast. Nobody. It puts all the pressure on the qb, unless of course, a team blitzes like the Falcons, who blitz someone from 5 miles back. That doesn't work in my opinion. Send the house and if you get burned, you collect on the insurance, and build and even bigger house. Like a house of Pain. Or something.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I've got no reason at this time to believe this defense in going to improve enough for us to sniff second place in the division let alone first. It's too bad in too many places and even the good spots have spoil marks and if it's not that it's injury or even youth working against us. I have little faith in our DC and at times I have wonderered if these guys are even on the same page.
    [​IMG]
    I have seen some very bad football this year and I'm not sure you take a 5-11 season followed by 4-12 and flip it to 11-5 or 12-4 overnight. You might as well put them down for an optimistic 6-10 and another long December next year because this D isn't going anywhere. There is nothing I'd like more than to be wrong but I was too optimistic last summer and I had high hopes so I see no reason to let the Titans go break my heart again. Until I see something change...a coach or a FA, draft pick, etc... I'm not going to be drinking the Kool-Aide till September.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Whaddahel do we need an aggressive D for? Scwartz is happy with the Blue Screen Of Death that we have now, and he knows more about it than we do, so I'm perfectly happy with it too.

....not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar