Who's Ready to CLEAN HOUSE?!?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Quit putting words in people's mouths.

No I don't think our actions this past offseason were those of a "complacent" owner/management. We swung for the fences. We tried to give Munch every opportunity to succeed and no excuse not to. But you and I both know this past offseason was the exception and not the rule.

Keeping Fisher for damn near 17 years, THAT'S complacency.

If we indeed keep the unqualified scrub Mike Munchak as our HC for a 4th season (4 seasons too long) then THAT'S complacency.

The fans always saying "Hey, at least we're not the Raiders", THAT'S complacency.

The fans always saying "W-w-w-what if we get worse?", THAT'S complacency.

The fans always saying "Aww shucks, we're just so darn unlucky!", THAT'S complacency.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What words am I trying to put in people's mouths? I asked a question - read it- you quoted it. Riverman has said he believes the organization and fanbase are complacent and has received hi-fives for doing so. I am challenging that notion.

Both of the past 2 offseasons we tried to make big moves to make the playoffs and win a championship. That is not complacency, as you said in the first above sentence.

I agree we kept him too long. I think Bud thought Fisher's method could bring a championship. I expect due to age (and distance) he was too out of the loop. Because it is clear Fisher WAS complacent and that was a big problem. That became evident when he said he quit reviewing game film.

I can't agree because I think you have to look at the situation from all angles.

If we fire Munch and we miss on the top targets we could easily be in a worse situation for the next several seasons. Without researching, 9 potential head coach openings seems like an awful lot.

Also, due to current contracts, it may not be as attractive for a new coach or to put it another way, a new coach may not be able to move the roster around as much as he would like.

And all the fans are always saying that? And I mean, is it really wrong to point at that things CAN get worse?

It is? I think it's a legitimate concern. I said in another thread, I want to take the chance at going for a new coach this offseason. If it does get worse, we can try again, but I sure don't want to see us go from the bad we are now to the bad the Texans are this season.

I think you are vastly exaggerating and simplifying fan opinions. If anything the majority of the fanbase is pissed and shouting for change and improvement. It's all over the forums and it is evident in the stands and in PSL and ticket sales.

I don't think the position that the ownership or fanbase is complacent holds any real water. I don't see it at all. I don't see in the moves the ownership has tried to make. I don't see it in the reactions to the fanbase, otherwise there would be 60k Titans only fans at every home game, and there is not.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

I think fans are growing impatient everywhere in the state.

From the Grizz, ran their coach, to the Preds(currently have the Jeff Fisher of hockey) to the Titans and the Vols.

There hasn't been a major championship in this state since I was 13.

The Titans haven't even been relevant in five years. Longer than that since they won a playoff game. Come on seriously?

The Grizzlies lack a true star/scorer imo to put them over the top. Fun to watch still though and the past few years have been great but they ain't going to win a title.

The Preds just seem happy to still be in Nashville.

I think the frustration isn't just with the Titans, it's everyone. That's the case for me at least.

I need something to fall back on.

ALL my teams are bad.

3/4 of my teams have made STUPID hires. The team in Knoxville is on their third STUPID hire in a row.

All sports in state need a reboot.

Except Vanderbilt. God bless James Franklin.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. XO

XO Nevada Native

The worst part is that I now live in Alabama and these assholes are winning everything they want.

They are all bandwagon ass Heat, Spurs, Steelers, Saints and newly Panthers fans when they aren't killing each other over Alabama and Auburn.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Alex you need to get over Peyton. Whatever Bud offered wasn't enough. He didn't come. For whatever reason. You're just butt hurt your boy said no.

And trying is different than getting results. Who did we get after Peyton rejected your Titans? Ryan Fitzpatrick. But that's not complacency. And who have been the last few hires? Gregg Williams is a former Titan but he hasn't been named DC. We still have Gray but keeping him hasn't been complacent. Fans making excuses for Munchak like injuries, lockout, the Peyton manning fiasco etc to rationalize us not winning in the playoff that's not complacent either.

Hiring Munchak was complacency. It was a low risk low reward situation. After 17 years of the same coach, the idea was to hand off the head coaching job to an organizational guy who had paid his dues. But that's not complacent.

This organization is complacent to remain status quo from top to bottom. Therer needs to be a complete culture overhaul to ever snap the mold we've set ourselves in.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

I thought that was part of the reason Reinfeld got canned, failing to land Peyton

7. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

It's just like the UT season this year, "Well, we almost won."

I wanna see pissed off fans, i mean pissed off like texans fans burning matt schaub jerseys, If we all got THAT infuriated, something might get ****ing done.

8. Alex1939

I would be saying the exact same thing about Brady. The franchise made a serious attempt to sign one of the best in the game? How in the F is that complacent, crybaby?

Wow that is just a damned revelation there. Let me start crying with you that the franchise and fanbase doesn't care about getting better because they failed trying to sign free agents or the free agents they spent 100 million on failed to make enough difference this year. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Through your tears can you tell me what we were supposed to do? Just promote Rusty Smith to backup? What is the move that we should've made?

I can actually tell you, because I suggested it, but I wanted to see Carson Palmer here and think the team would've been much better with him as a starter.

I guess if I say hindsight is 20-20 that is just making excuses? It's hard for me to fault the organization if they believed in Locker who looked good until being injured- oh noes reality is excuses!

Yeah bringing in another coach sure does show complacency! :shakehead:

I think it was mostly a timing issue. I don't think Bud wanted to fire Fisher but Fisher pissed him off at the end so Bud canned him. Guess it is just more damned reality excuses.

If we fire Munch and hire a HC that has zero past ties to the organization that makes it a "complete cultural overhaul". Sounds pretty dramatic to me but I guess tomato tomato.

For the record, I think Munch should be (and will be) fired and that we will hire a new HC outside of past ties to the Oilers/Titans.

A lot of the "talent" :cj:from the Fisher era will be leaving after this season too.

Don't know about "complete cultural overhaul" but the team is going to look very different next year either way.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Sounds like your the one crying butthurt. Precious Peyton said no.

You never named the other charter organizations without a Lombardi. That is our culture.

10. Alex1939

Have fun watching Auburn in the championship game.

Laughable that your crybaby arse can't admit two years in a row of attempting and then making major free agents moves isn't being complacent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar